GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Tulsa arrived Friday afternoon. Never changed out a GL1800 windshield before but accomplished the task in one and a half hours. Easy instructions - thanks, Allen. Finally figured out where that annoying rattle was coming from these past three years. The setting screw in the center of the windshield retainer was missing (from the factory?). Found a metric replacement at Ace Hardware. All is quiet now and my wife remarked that she feels less back seat turbulence at Interstate speed (the Tulsa is much wider than the OEM). The vent that I ordered with the windshield provided a significant amout of cooling air. Never knew what I was missing all these years without a vent. Needless to say, we're very satisfied with this Tulsa product.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm looking for a good photo of a Tulsa -2 in. in tint on a 1800 Wing. Other then the pi$$ pore photo from tulsa. White wing with a dark back ground don't show me nothing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
robertcuster said:
I'm looking for a good photo of a Tulsa -2 in. in tint on a 1800 Wing. Other then the pi$$ pore photo from tulsa. White wing with a dark back ground don't show me nothing.
You're probably not going to get a good picture of the tinted windshield. I got the +4 tinted last week and when I unboxed it, I thought they had sent the untinted one. The tint is very, very faint, but it is tinted. I had to get it out in the sun to be able to see the difference. Guess it has to be so as not to inhibit night vision.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lone Ranger, I purchased the the standard OEM replacement. That's the height that works for me. I like to look over the shield, not thru it. As with wa5rng, I thought the shield was clear when I unboxed it. The tint is very light, but effective (my opinion), and it matches my mirror wings perfectly.

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
What is the cut-off date for the introductory price of the new shield?
Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
The "Cut Off"Date is October 6th at 5:30PM Central Time.

The Tint is very light to be DOT Legal and to reduce the affect on night vision. It does reduce headlight glare slightly and some who's eyes are sensitive to the headlights really like it.
Regards
Allen
Tulsa Enterprises

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a -2 on the way. For us dummies that do not have the videos (they are on order) or the book, why don't you post an abbridged version of how th get the front cover off so you can change the windshield. :D Please! :oops:

Marc

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Re: New Tulsa OEM Style Windshield installation

Jobber Jim said:
Lone Ranger, I purchased the the standard OEM replacement. That's the height that works for me. I like to look over the shield, not thru it.
O.K. I am confused. I thought the new Tulsa OEM was adjustable up &
down, just like the OEM. All of the comments I have read above lead me
to believe your windshields are in a stationary state.

Thanks, Herb

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
From the Tulsa Website - Italics are mine

Available in Tinted or Clear, you can also order with or without the vent hole (which uses the OEM GL1800 Honda vent). This newest addition to the Tulsa product line offers GL1800 riders the same adjustment ability of the OEM shield, but a reduction in buffeting, increased wind protection - and the superior optical quality standards for which Tulsa has become renown.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
g1nomad said:
Re: New Tulsa OEM Style Windshield installation

Jobber Jim said:
Lone Ranger, I purchased the the standard OEM replacement. That's the height that works for me. I like to look over the shield, not thru it.
O.K. I am confused. I thought the new Tulsa OEM was adjustable up &
down, just like the OEM. All of the comments I have read above lead me
to believe your windshields are in a stationary state.

Thanks, Herb
Herb,

It does adjust just like the Honda original windshield (OEM), however when we are refering to the (+2,+4,OEM,-2) it is referring to the height of the Tulsa windshield relative to the original Honda windshield (OEM).

Example1: +2 is 2 inches taller than the original Honda windshield (OEM) at the windshields lowest setting (or all the way down)

Example2: -2 is 2 inches shorter than the original Honda windshield (OEM) at the windshields lowest setting (or all the way down)

Example3: OEM is exactly the same height as the original Honda windshield (OEM) at the windshields lowest setting (or all the way down)

and so on....

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
last week i saw the new Tulsa adjustable windshield for the first time at Wings over the Smokies

looks fine but the guy trying to adjust it seemed to be having a tough time with it, he did get it adjusted but it looked much more difficult to move than my stock shield, maybe it was just a bad moment

·
Registered
95 Posts
Tulsa Adjustable

Installed the +2 tonight, can't get the vent tight, looks like the shield is not as thick as the stock, added washers didn't help. Any suggestions, vent came out of a 05 shield.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Installed my plus 2 yesterday, I bought the vented shield and the vent from Tulsa and I have no problems. The vent did tighten up, it did come with acorn nuts and I am not sure if they are close to bottoming out or not. If I had a rattle the first thing I would probably try would be regular style nuts and/or an extra washer.
Plus 2 seems good to me, I can lower it and still see over it and when I raise it all the way up I can look through it.
So far its as good as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
266 Posts
cycledude said:
last week i saw the new Tulsa adjustable windshield for the first time at Wings over the Smokies

looks fine but the guy trying to adjust it seemed to be having a tough time with it, he did get it adjusted but it looked much more difficult to move than my stock shield, maybe it was just a bad moment
Have a feelin' he either was just havin' a bad moment, or did something wrong with the install, because it will adjust just as readily as the OEM unit!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts