GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I've got a new Tulsa windshield in my future. Problem is, I don't know much about them other than the sun reflecting off can burn your dash. I like the height of the OEM windshield and it's adjustability, so I don't know which one would suit me best. I'm around 5'9".

Does the extra wider ones help buffeting much on passengers? I don't want a giant dead air pocket so I'll get one with a vent.

Any suggestions/info/experience would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Tulsa now makes a shield that is close to the OEM configuration and is adjustable with different sizes. That may be worth looking at. I have the original Tulsa and am pleased with it's performance. Any windshield can focus the suns rays in the right circumstance.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Twyn,
The Tulsa Windshield "can" have the sun reflect off it onto the dash, but so does ALL other windshields, it just depends on the angle of the sun.

The windshield that you "won" is basically a OEM type windshield not one of our Aerodynamic windshields. Is it possible this new windshield can reflect the sun onto the dash area? YES, just like the OEM, the F4. the Cee Bailey, the Wind Bender, the Show Chrome, the typhoon or any other windshield.

We recommend covering any windshield with a nice tee shirt material cover, then the sun can't reflect off it and it keeps the windshield clean so it doesn't collect the fine dust in parking lots or garages.

Regards
Allen
Tulsa Enterprisese

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Allen - speaking of windshields - where is my new one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
How is the shipping going on the new OEM version and when can those that ordered the first day they were available for sale expect them? Looking forward to getting it.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts