GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Last info I had is they were a week behind their planned ship date. They should start shipping next week. (Week of the 11th)

I have a tinted +2 with vent ordered.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yep.........got it Thursday, installed it this mornin'. Nice an' quick - but ain't got time ta ride it until later in the week..... :cry:

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have a plus 2 coming. I called yesterday and was told they will start shipping them the first of next week and will ship them in the order that the actual orders were received.
So my +2 is not in the mail as of yet. But it will be.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I just ordered a +2...said it would be a month...lots of orders ahead of me... :(

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Just talked to them.. The tinted material is on back order. I was one of the first orders, and she's saying it'll be two weeks or so.. :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
If that's true about the tint being back ordered, don't you think that is rather poor planning? I mean why go to press asking for orders knowing that you can't even begin to fill them?

·
Registered
384 Posts
No it's not POOR planning, just the way some manufacturing systems can screw up decent planning.

We had material on order, we order it by the "skid" and they have a production run and make a certain number of sheets, and if during the inspection process some of the sheets fail, then the "skid" is short that many sheets. So on the last shipment we received over 30% less tinted material than clear, so we are behind on Tinted orders more than Clear!
In this industry, that is the way it works and they ship the number that passes inspection and you wait until the next shipment.

That and our supplier did not get an order scheduled as promptly as they should have when we ordered it and there is a 30 day lead time.

We do NOT like this any better than you, we would much rather be shipping all these orders, and not having to back order.

Regards
Allen
Tulsa Enterprise
s

·
Registered
21,137 Posts
Tulsa said:
No it's not POOR planning, just the way some manufacturing systems can screw up decent planning.

We had material on order, we order it by the "skid" and they have a production run and make a certain number of sheets, and if during the inspection process some of the sheets fail, then the "skid" is short that many sheets. So on the last shipment we received over 30% less tinted material than clear, so we are behind on Tinted orders more than Clear!
In this industry, that is the way it works and they ship the number that passes inspection and you wait until the next shipment.

That and our supplier did not get an order scheduled as promptly as they should have when we ordered it and there is a 30 day lead time.

We do NOT like this any better than you, we would much rather be shipping all these orders, and not having to back order.

Regards
Allen
Tulsa Enterprise
s
so once u get the material how long does it take tulsa to make the windshield and have it ready to ship ?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You guys are like a pack of dogs on a sick cat.
Tulsa has always been one the best vendors on this board, with number one customer service.
Heaven forbid they should have production problems on a NEW product! :?

Too bad those of you quick to criticize them can't be on the other side of the fence and put up with the unknown factors of operating a business such as it is.

I believe "empathy" is the word.

Go riding with your old windshield and let them do their job. :roll:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Out of curiousity, how many people heard the announcement of the new 2007 GL1800 and went right down to their local Honda dealer, purchased it, and rode it home? Chances are, those that wanted it right away placed an order and are waiting on it.

Getting the latest and greatest of anything when it is announced takes patience. Why should you expect anything different from a windshield manufacturer?

·
Registered
553 Posts
back order

hmmmm,let me guess,,the plastic is coming from an american mfg. correct ? hmm shoulda bought asian..

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Rob(in S.C.) said:
You guys are like a pack of dogs on a sick cat.
Tulsa has always been one the best vendors on this board, with number one customer service.
Heaven forbid they should have production problems on a NEW product! :?

Too bad those of you quick to criticize them can't be on the other side of the fence and put up with the unknown factors of operating a business such as it is.

I believe "empathy" is the word.

Go riding with your old windshield and let them do their job. :roll:
I would almost be willing to share that opinion had it not been for dealing with B.O's all summer long for the stuff they have had for years.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey, I just pm'ed Allen and apologized for my remarks in the above post that I made. Nothing like making all your plans and having someone else change them for you. Been there and done that, many times, and I did not like it.

Allen runs a world class business and he doesn't need mindless pest like me pointing fingers when there are four pointing back at me.

Thanks, and best luck to Tulsa getting these in the mail.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts