GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried the new Tulsa adjustable windshield? Is the wind protection noticeably better?

Thanks, R. Kienlen

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yes, I bought the +4, put it on and the good news is; my better-back-seater-half noticed much less wind in her face, the bad news is; it's too short, I'm one of the few who likes to look thru the windshield so I put my extra-tall back on and will sell the adjustable.
I would recommend the adjustable if your trying to cut down the back seater's wind and noise.

·
Registered
757 Posts
wing ryder...I would be interested in your Tulsa +4. I just need to find out if it will work with Jon's " center of the dash mount" for my 2610.
Let me know how much you want for it.........E.E.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the stock height Tulsa, and really like it. It offers much better wind protection for me than the extra tall Honda shield. I like the fact that I can look over it. I got the tinted, with vent.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I've got the new adjustable OEM height with a vent and like it for the most part. My wife says it really cuts down on the buffeting when it's raised some, I guess because it's wider than the OEM. However, when she's comfortable I've got the top of the shield in my line of sight. I never thought a vent could make that much difference either, it's great.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
plus 4

I'm 6 ft 3 with a long torso, just installed the plus 4, it works perfect for me. I'm looking thru the shield a couple of inches from the top, i can tilt my head back a bit and look over the shield, very little buffetting, to little to notice. I'm happpy with this shield, finally got one that fits.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Eagle eye,
There should be no problem with the GPS mount on the dash, in fact the vent location is slighly higher than the OEM and this windshield does not lean back like the Original Tulsa does.
Regards
Allen
Tulsa Enterprises

1 - 8 of 8 Posts