GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For what it's designed for, it would probably be fine.

Why do you ask?
If it works as well as a HF version, I like the portability of it. If it bangs up my tailgate when used, it's not worth it. Currently, I have to lug my HF changer out of the attic, then mount it to my utility trailer bed before I can use it. I just don't have enough free floor space to mount it permanently, and I don't want to leave the base unit outside all the time.

Stan

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
If it works as well as a HF version, I like the portability of it. If it bangs up my tailgate when used, it's not worth it. Currently, I have to lug my HF changer out of the attic, then mount it to my utility trailer bed before I can use it. I just don't have enough free floor space to mount it permanently, and I don't want to leave the base unit outside all the time.

Stan
I drilled holes for four anchor bolts for the HF changer, then use a bolt with an allen head on it to keep dirt out of the anchor bolt hole when not in use. When I'm ready to use the changer, I unscrew the allen bolts, place the changer base over the holes and use a 2.5" carriage bolt to mount the changer in the anchor bolt holes. Takes all of 5 minutes to get the changer ready to use.

·
Read Only
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm probably gonna end up doing what you did, Dan. That thought had crossed my mind before, but I have so much other shop equipment in my garage that I use more often, that I'm running out of floor space for the hot rod, bike, and trailer. I've already made plans to suspend the bike trailer from the ceiling, so that will soon be out of the way.

Stan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts