·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Strider said:
Here ya go, just ordered a dozen :lol:

http://www.mblinnovations.com/NewProduct.html

VA ROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM :biker:

Dang! Strider. You ordered a 12 pack? :roll: :wink:
Hey, maybe that means you've got individual headers on each cylinder.
Do they come out on each side of the saddlebags sort of like Top Fuel dragster headers?:lol:
Man, I'm sure glad I got this sort of tinkering out of my system when I was young.
Now, if you set the two of them at different settings,
you will develop some harmonic frequencies from the offset of the sounds between the two exhausts.
That could do some interesting things. :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
New way to make yer bike roar like a Lion !
Or then again maybe make it sound like an old Chevette with a bad muffler.

I love the sound of a high performance engine with a tuned exhaust, but noise just for the sake of noise I leave to the 16 year olds that just got their first car. That's all they can afford to do is put holes in their mufflers to make them louder.! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
LarryM said:
New way to make yer bike roar like a Lion !
Or then again maybe make it sound like an old Chevette with a bad muffler.

I love the sound of a high performance engine with a tuned exhaust, but noise just for the sake of noise I leave to the 16 year olds that just got their first car. That's all they can afford to do is put holes in their mufflers to make them louder.! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unbelievably, I am total agreement with what you said here. Ordered one, tryed it, removed it and returned her to stock. These things SUCK and remind of the punks in imports that saw off their mufflers just to make noise. Terrible product.

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
I like the wing quiet, although my 05 seems louder than when new. Is this possible?

But if you want to mess with the sound this contraption is an option under $50.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I had Torquemasters. They were kinda neat for about 2 or 3 hours then they were an irritant.

Now, I not only have the stock mufflers but I wear double earplugs. The foam that fits in the canal and the other sticky stuff that seals the opening. Now I can really enjoy the ride, the CB chatter and the music, if I'm so inclined.

And, no, it doesn't prevent me from hearing the things I need to, like emergency vehicles.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Interesting, but I don't want mine to sound like a beefier sewing machine than it already does.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
-yeah, I am happy with the stock on the Wing and the VTX...though for some reason, the VTX people think I should be interested in aftermarket pipes...I cannot understand this...well, then I cannot quite "get" loud pipes...don't think they save lives...as far I as I can see, the loud pipes get hit by people in cages anyway...has there been a reliable study on loud pipes?? uh-oh, this is really opening it up? ride what you want, but if you're loud, please ride BEHIND me!!! LOL!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just talked to a guy with a trike that when he drove past me it sounded like a Porsche! When he punched it out of the parking lot it had a nice performance sound to it. Not overly loud, but authoritative. I'd like that sound for my Wing.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
ford68xl said:
Just talked to a guy with a trike that when he drove past me it sounded like a Porsche! When he punched it out of the parking lot it had a nice performance sound to it. Not overly loud, but authoritative. I'd like that sound for my Wing.
I punched out the rearmost baffles in my '97 Valkyrie and it had that exact sound. Only problem was there was a resonance that made it necessary to wear earplugs when wearing a helmet. Beautiful sound though and I would expect the same sort of sound from the Wing engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A guy in our HRCA chapter has Cobra pipes on his wing and they sound great IMO.

Kind of like a fine tuned sports car sound. Any thoughts on the Cobras?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
I'm sure some of the muffler companies like Cobra, Alleycat, or Torquemaster make some with a earpleasing welltuned performance rumble. BUT that stinkin Dial-a tone gimmick makes a Wing sound like a junky old 6cyl. car with a straight pipe, yuk. No tone quality at all, just LOUD!!! :evil:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arn Butt Bill said:
put some baseball cards in the spokes; hold them with clothespins.
OK, tried it, but how can ya ride when you're bent over the wheels holding the clothes pins?

Pat

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I think if you set the right and left differently, you'll ride around in circles, so be careful! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
JMATANDEM said:
I think if you set the right and left differently, you'll ride around in circles, so be careful! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is it possible that if you set them right you could cancel out the wobble? :lol:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It always puzzles me why anyone would want something louder, especially a Goldwing. As for me, I wish the State would issue hunting licenses and open season for bikes with loud pipes. Bonus tags would be extra special! That way I wouldn't be woken up at 2:00am by some classless jerk who thinks it's cool to wake everyone within 2 miles. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
put some baseball cards in the spokes; hold them with clothespins.
Now here's a man with experience.
Pretty old experience, but experience none the less.:wink:
Hey Bill,
I suppose there are a few of the younger ones out there asking...
What's a clothespin?
And some even younger ones asking....
What's a baseball card.
And there may even be a few young enough to ask...
What's a spoke? :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
I just loaded a recording of a Harley on my IPOD and everyonce in a while I play it LOUD for all to hear. It always gets a laugh :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts