GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
17,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone think having a web page is easy ???

For me it's not been that way. The original one that I'm using has pretty much been unchanged since probably 2010. Because of google standards, it's pretty much outdated ... not mobil friendly which today is a big deal. Here's the problem. Behind the scenes, I've paid and had 4 others created which have never launched. The reasons are many, but mainly because I don't think my customers will like them, and the web developers never really listen to what I'm asking for. In a nut shell, I get many compliments on my web page directly from my customers ... it's simple, easy to read, they don't have to continue clicking to find what they need.

My most recent compliment came about a week ago from a co-rider. She said "now that I've met you, I can hear your voice through your web page." To me that was an awesome compliment.

However, this new page will be my 5th one being made. I'm hoping I'll allow this one to launch. It will have new surprises.

Here is one from about 6 years ago. I thought I had links to the others but don't.

Here's another that didn't make it.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Looking forward to the roll out of da new page, Greg!

Reactions: GoldWingrGreg

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I like the first one. Works great on my phone. Fast and uncluttered. The second one looks blah.

·
Vendor
17,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the deal with web pages, and keep in mind the rules continue to change, and that to google, google is a product. Google being a product as in, if it led a searcher to bad information, and irrelevant web pages, a searcher would find a different search engine and quit using google.

To be on page one of google, certainly key words are important. For my web page, GL1800, GoldWing, service, repair, transmissions, and suspension are all key words. Google calls that relevance. History. such as how old the web page is and how often it's updated. If it is linked to social media like Facebook and Twitter. Because my current one did not link to my social media, and not mobile friendly, would lower its standing on google and probably bump it off the first page. However, I've always been fortunate being the only shop in the world that specializes in GL1800s only, so I'm always gonna be on page 1. But developers have tools that troll the internet looking for out dated web pages, and having an outdated web page means that I am constantly getting soliciting calls and email about not being on page 1. Sometime these "solicitors" walk in my door :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts