GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my trip to Colorado last month, I bent a rim on my Piggy Backer trailer. PiggyBacker does not offer the same rim anymore. They changed the design. I found these for $65 each and free shipping.They are only $5 more than the replacements from Piggybacker plus I would have had to pay shipping. I am really impressed with the quality even though made in China. It is nearly impossible to find 12 inch tires or rim made in the USA anymore. One picture shows the stock wheel while I was getting the trailer painted and one shows the new wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nice looking wheels! :thumbup::agree:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really good looking rims! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tommy, several days after I got home I noticed a bald spot on the right tire that was about two inches long and went across the face of the tire. The rest of tire looked fine. I had the tire and rim put on a balancing machine and you could see the run out of the rim. Every time that spot would contact the road, it would move to the outside and scuff the tire sideways. I really don't know when I did it but I remember hitting a few potholes. Luckily when I parked the trailer, the bald spot was where I could see it. I could not tell and differance pulling the trailer either. Pat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts