GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading here for about a year and I know if you want to do it right, you do research.

I went to my local bike parts store this morning with the objective to buy a Tulsa windshield. (based on input from friends)

In the new Big Bike Parts catalogue for 2004. They have a swept-back windshield that includes a vent for 169.00. (versus 200+ for Tulsa) This price is $8.00 more than HDL.

I ordered the Big Bike Shield and will report on the results. My wife wants to reduce the buffeting and I want to reduce the wind noise coming from her headset.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Good luck with it Bubba. I hope it works for you. Let us know what you think of it, and maybe post a picture after you get it installed.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i looked at that one also, i was worried about it hitting my head when i get on the bike. be careful that first time.

loren

·
Vendor
21,893 Posts
Windshields

You should have looked at the Cee Baileys windsheild and/or the Windbender.

The Cee Baileys has a built in NACA vent that is designed to reduce back pressure and buffeting. I have been riding with it for about the last 20K miles, and I can tell you it works.

The Windbender is also a good sheild, and sometime this spring they will be releasing their motorized version. That's right, finally an electric windsheild will be available for the GL1800.

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/windbender

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/ceebaileys

·
Registered
384 Posts
new windshield

It is just another version of a slipstreamer, little different side shape, same "inexpensive" Lucite material as the rest of their stuff.
The optical quality can be poor and not uncommon to have distortion, just part of the "benefits" of continuous cast material, they use it because it is 25-30% the cost of a good quality Cell Cast Acrylic.
Don't count in it being real stable, it will probably have considerable flex.
Good Luck,
Allen/Tulsa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts