GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my black 06 Wing Saturday morning, but only had a chance to put some good miles on her today. I was worried that I might have depression over getting rid of the VTX1800C that I had customized and babied the last 2 years. After 150 miles on the Wing today, all I keep thinking is why did I wait so long to buy one. Absolutely amazing what this bike can do (in the twisties, on the highway, etc). I could not be happier, and don't see myself missing the VTX at all (even though it was a fine bike in it's own right). If it makes people think I am an old man (at age 34), I could care less. A fine piece of machinery is a fine piece of machinery, regardless of name or stigma. And folks, this bike is a fine piece of machinery.Thanks for the advice up to this point, as I am sure I will have lots of questions in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Congrats...That was my thoughts when I bought mine..
:wink:

Why did I wait so long?

Keep us informed on your experience..

later..Randy

·
Registered
280 Posts
Old Man? I believe someone on the board here calls the
Wing a "Sportsbike with Luggage" and now you know why!
The Wing even with its minor issues is an Unbelievable machine!

Enjoy your new ride and put to rest the past.

W

·
0 Posts
I had mine out today, and even after three years of ownership, it's still handles and riders the same after 25,000 smiles.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I wish I would've bought mine at age 34, instead of waiting till 50. Kids in college, etc..

BUT...better late than never. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could not have said it better. I felt bad letting my Suzuki go, up till the first day I took the Wing out.

What an amazing bike. Never looked back. I wake up every day wanting to knock out more miles on this bike. The 07 Harley has a very nice engine, but it is not in the same ballpark as the Wing; and it is the best bike they ever put out. If you get a chance take that out for a ride with the new transmission. Harley has never ran better, but you will be happy to get back on the Wing. The new Harley engine is lacking in power but is like taking off on skates it is so smooth. Caught me by surprise. I would rate the bikes as Wing, BMW LT, Harley Ultra Classic. Very close race with the BMW but Harley will not likely catch up.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!!!!!!!! You will never look back.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
May you have hundreds of thousands miles of safe and care free riding and ownership. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bought mine at age 40. I had reservations too but was sure glad I made the move, wish I had done it sooner.

I still look at other bikes, I guess it's in my blood. I just can't seem to find any other I enjoy as much. The pros most certainly outweigh the cons.

Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
From time to time I think I 'd like to get a cruiser or some other bike, just for a change of pace. Then I get on my Wing and about the time I shift into second gear I think, "You idiot, what are you think of?" What an amazing bike.

·
Registered
325 Posts
When I bought my wing earlier this year I felt the same way. Last bike was VTX 1800C and was very nice but not a wing. You have bought one awesome machine and I wish you great times.

James

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
GOD I must be ancient......"old man at 34"...I bought my first 1200 when I was 28.....now I will be having my 25th annual 25th birthday and I am on an 1800.........Enjoy the view !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

·
0 Posts
Got'a all bet.

Bought my GL1800 at 61 yrs old, 1st.bike, and I never rode before.

Took 3 cycle riding classes, and had fun learning.

Now 3yrs later the fun never stops........Yeahhhhhhh. :yes:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing. Excellent choice on color as well. :D

Dep

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Congrats on the new GW...GREAT choice of color!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts