GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all - been lurking here a while, even posted a question or two. Thanks for the responses. I have wanted a wing when i wasn't supposed to want one i.e. since i was about 12yrs old but, i fixed that urge today.
I'VE GONE OUT AND BOUGHT MYSELF ONE THEM FANCY, DANCY, MOTORSICKLES!!! Got myself an 07 navi model in silver. It'll be here in a few days! (long days i'm sure). Trying to keep my vtx 1800RS - i've got it set up so comfortable for me. We'll see how it goes. I hear most that try this end up never riding the vtx and sell it eventually. Glad to be here and looking fwd to learning more from you guys.

G

·
Welcome and congratulations.
First advice is a whole lot of smile cream, you're gonna need it. lol

Many happy miles on the new two to ya.

Pat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wecome! I have numerous other bikes, I prefer to ride the Wing, can't get enough of the comfort but I just can't part with my old rides.

Be safe.

'07 Wing
'04 V-Rod
'93 Nighthawk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Silver is a fast color!

Where's your 1st road trip gonna be?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
NB,

Welcome! Keep them both if you can, till you don't want both anymore. A tourer and cruiser fill a garage nicely.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome and congrats, nobrakes, from a Native New Mexican displaced to California. Enjoy the ride. So much to see over there. Ride safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have the Wing and a '02 1800-R X. I ride the "R" to PGR Missions and the Wing most every where else. I still love them both as the X is loud and the Wing quite.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Congrats, where did you wind up getting it?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome aboard nobrakes and congrats on the new bike! You might want to keep the VTX around for those times you may really want to ride a cruiser.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the welcome and advise on keeping the VTX along with the new wing.
Whitegold; I ended up buying it from my local dealer (High Desert Honda) here in Clovis, NM. Got a pretty fair deal - not a steal but, not ripped off too badly either ($21,500 includes TTL). It was better than the quote from lubbock but, to be fair to lubbock, i didn't truly give them a chance to out-do my local dealer after all the bargaining was done. I like the lubbock guys - have and would do business with them without any reservations but, my local dealer is fair AND convenient. I think i'm lucky after hearing some of the horror stories about stealers because, my local shop has always been good to me.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Nobrakes,
What they all said... welcome to the board!

O yeah, if the brakes don't work on your wing, bring it in to get it fixed. :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome. I am a new owner also and enjoy the site and all of the information that is given. Perhaps we will learn together.
Tom (07 Dark Blue Metallic in Alabama)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Ditto!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts