GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, one and all!!!

Just picked up my Wing. Not my first. Had an '08 for a few years. Just checking out who's doing what locally.

:capwin::capwin:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Greetings, one and all!!!

Just picked up my Wing. Not my first. Had an '08 for a few years. Just checking out who's doing what locally.

:capwin::capwin:
check out Vegas wings .

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
New Wing

Congrats on your new ride. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These things use oil?!?!?

·
IronMan
17,623 Posts
welcome to the board - great for info and to meet others .

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Welcome!! Now ride that puppy over to Utah for some good roads!:lol:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome!! Now ride that puppy over to Utah for some good roads!:lol:
You're not kidding. I did a 1,600 mile road trip with my then-16-year-old son last summer and it was some of the best riding I've ever done.

·
Registered
53 Posts
True I like to take hwy 20 to 98 to 62 north to fish lake ,Nice !!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Check this board for BuckWing. He's a transplanted Buckeye out there. Has a white Wing with one of those sissy drive-off center stands... lol...

Oh yeah.. Welcome to the best board on the Web...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice to see there are some Wings

Hello Wing riders
I've been to Vegas 7 times over the last 8 years, and found that a Gold Wing is a rare sight in Vegas. I'm usually there for 5 days the end of April and can't recall seeing more than a hand full of Gold Wings. My wife and i will riding down this August for 2 days then up to Reno then over to the west coast up to the top and along the top east to N Dakota then North home to Winnipeg.We look forward to seeing more Gold Wings while we are in Vegas this year as well as along the way. :thumbup:
Rob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello Wing riders
I've been to Vegas 7 times over the last 8 years, and found that a Gold Wing is a rare sight in Vegas. I'm usually there for 5 days the end of April and can't recall seeing more than a hand full of Gold Wings. My wife and i will riding down this August for 2 days then up to Reno then over to the west coast up to the top and along the top east to N Dakota then North home to Winnipeg.We look forward to seeing more Gold Wings while we are in Vegas this year as well as along the way. :thumbup:
Rob
Don't expect to see to many wings on the road in aug , its a hot son of a gun . I ride every day, my wing is my daily driver but that's me to each their own . have fun while your here. And drink lots of water . ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow. This is bad.

Somebody moved in to my neighborhood and he's got a Wing in his garage. I'm about ready to go ask him I he wants to go for a ride. I don't think I've seen five Wings sine I bought mine and one of them works with me.

Either that or they're all hiding in the air conditioning.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Wow. This is bad.

Somebody moved in to my neighborhood and he's got a Wing in his garage. I'm about ready to go ask him I he wants to go for a ride. I don't think I've seen five Wings sine I bought mine and one of them works with me.

When you ask him, the worst thing that could happen is he could say is no.:nojoke:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you ask him, the worst thing that could happen is he could say is no.:nojoke:
Yeah, I was kind of joking.

Just pointing out how scarce Wings are around here. Plenty of sport bikes and Harleys, but not many touring bikes.

Oddly enough, there's also a K1600GTL about a block and a half away.

I'm thinking of putting flyers on their doors and starting a gang. We could engage in all our shenanigans no less than 500 miles from here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Either that or they're all hiding in the air conditioning.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from sturgis lots of wings their, I was surprised. it was nice 85 deg or cooler .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow. This is bad.

For a minute I thought that might be me, but the. I saw your in Henderson. I just upgraded from an F6B to a full wing to do some long distance riding in later in the year. Just too f'ing hot to do much.

I have gone to a few Vegas Wings meetings, but have not done a ride with them yet.

if your up for it, PM me and we can meet for a ride as I am in North Las Vegas.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new Wing!:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts