GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY FRIEND metallica SOLD ME ON GETTING A WING, BUT GUESS WHAT ITS BEEN IN SHOP MORE DAYS THAN I HAVE ACTUAL GOT TO RIDE IT. WELL OTHER THAN THAT THE DAYS I GOT TO RIDE IT WAS GREAT. SEE YA ALL.
P.S.
MAYBE X FRIEND metallica

·
Registered
683 Posts
Please don't give up yet. What seems to be the problem(s)?

·
Chard Member
13,060 Posts
Welcome....

If you can't ride your Wing, have yourself a few beers and go ride the manatees! LOL...

I wish you luck with the bike. Hudson Honda might have someone that can fix it for you. Crystal River doesn't look like much of a shop. :(

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board! :D Stick it out, you'll be glad you did, especially down here in Florida. Where is Homosassa compared to Jacksonville?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bike problem

THE PROBLEM I HAD WAS FIRST WHEN I WENT TO PICK IT UP, MECHANIC TOOK IT FOR TEST RIDE AND CAME BACK WITH NO FRONT BRAKES, SO I WAITED FOR TWO HOURS WHILE THEY BLED BRAKES AND MESSED WITH IT. FINALLY GOT MAD AND LEFT. CALLED ME HOUR LATER AND SAID IT WAS READY.
TOOK IT HOME AND RODE IT FOR FOUR DAYS AND FIFTH DAY ON WAY TO WORK FRONT BRAKE LOCKED UP. WELL HAD IT TOWED TO SHOP AND ITS BEEN THERE WEEK. SAID HONDA TECH TOLD THEM TO CHANGE FRONT AND BACK MASTER CYLINDERS,BLED SYSTEM AGAIN. WELL GET BIKE TOMMORRO, WILL SEE.
P.S. HOMOSASSA IS BY CRYSTAL RIVER-CENTRAL FLA EAST COAST......

·
Registered
21,047 Posts
sounds like something that could become a very serious problem, i hope they get it figured out soon and u never have another problem with your wing

·
Registered
234 Posts
I too am a new wing owner; got one that someone else got the problems already taken care of.
I bought an '03 Illusion Blue, that the previous owner put a bunch of accessories on, and only rode it 20K in the 3.5 years that he had it. It has been back to Marysville an had the frame REPLACED, to cure the frame cracking problem.
I got it Friday the 13th. of October, and have put some 4K on it since I got it. No problems so far, except for the flasher went ouit on the Hyper lights that were added to the trunk, got a new one, and it's good as new.
Need to add a few things to it though; want the Kuryakyn trunk rack, and transformer passenger rests, & probably their fork brace.
Looking forward to better weather, and lots more miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOT WING BACK TODAY

WELL GOT WING BACK TODAY, THEY CHANGED FRONT AND REAR MASTER BRAKE CYCLINDERS. RODE IT TO WORK WHICH IS 72 MILE DRIVE ONEWAY. SEEMS TO BE FINE, I'LL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED.
THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES BACK,
SEE YA,
MIKE

·
Registered
144 Posts
front brakes are over rated , you wont have any problem keeping up on the vets now. I just hope yor heated seat dont lock up. :shock:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
My advice,

See if you can get Fred H. to think this out with you...if anyone knows what could be the 'REAL' problem it will be him...

Good luck and welcome to the soap opera

1 - 11 of 11 Posts