GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me say I am a new Goldwing Owner having purchased a 2008 NAVI, ABS, Medium red the last week of December. I graduated from a 2005 Honda ST1300 ABS which I purchased new in June 2005.

I have to say the Wing is the smoothest, most balanced, most comfortable motorcycle I have ever ridden!!! Not to say I have ridden a lot of bikes but I can compare it to a Harley Davidson FLH. I am a Motor Officer for a local Police Department and I ride a Harley Electra Glide ABS Police bike everyday. The Goldwing beats the HD Police bike hands down!!!! If you are reading this and you are a die hard Harley Fan or Owner I'm sorry but I know and you know what I am talking about!!

Next I would like to say thanks to everyone who puts information on this site. Your info and experience has helpled me on numerous occasions when doing research for equipment or choosing one product over another. Thank you very much to everyone!!!!

Only have about 600 miles on the Wing but planning on a lot more just as soon as I stop buying stuff. But does a Wing owner really ever stop buying accessories??!!

Lastly one of the best items I have purchased in the EC CD iPod interface. Man what a sweet accessory for my Ipod. The sound is great.

I am having a lot of fun riding my Wing and thanks again for all you help!!

Mark

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, Mark. Now the fun and smiles really begin!

·
Registered
211 Posts
:congrats: Understand all too well about H.D.'s shortcomings. I still wear my H.D. leather jacket when on the Wing, get some funny looks but the jacket fits so well! Let the farkle begin.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Congrats on the new Wing, and thanks for serving your public!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on the new bike, ride often, ride safe.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride! I been on a Wing now for about 2.5 years moving up from a Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit. Loved that bike one up but it didn't work out for my wife's confort. The Wing is great for her and while I liked the legroom on my Spirit--not to mention the seat comfort--the speed, power and ease of handling of the Goldwing still impresses me each time I ride. Enjoy the farkles, enjoy the ride, and like others have said, thanks for your service in Law Enforcement. You perform a service that most of us really appreciate and I know all too often can be a thankless job.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations on the new wing, and I appreciate your service to your community......

Brent:thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,827 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
:congrats: On The New Ride.:thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome to the wold of Wing FARKLE-I-ZATION. And no you won't quit farkleizing until you run out of money!!! LOL.
The wife and I are heading to Key West in May. Should be through Pensacola on the 17th of May about 7-8:00 AM. You can buy me breakfast if your up. LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcom and :congrats:. You've been Wing-A-ized:thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats to you sir. I too am enjoying all of the information given on this site. I am also new to the wing world, I purchased my 08 Navi (no ABS), last October. I think that I've got just a few more miles than you though, can hardly wait till spring. Getting ready to purchase an Aspen Classic and take to the woods, rallys, etc. Thanks for being out there and taking care of the bad guys, tough job! :thumbup:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Welcome!! you will really enjoy the bike and this board.......

.....and no, you will never stop buying stuff for it!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hello & welcome from Virginia! Pic's we need pic's!! I like your name too!! :thumbup:

Mark

·
Registered
814 Posts
I am always happy to read a post like this, it was a choice between the Ultra and the Wing - main reason was my wife and what she had to say. I usually second guess myself whenever I make a purchase, but not this time. If you like the sound of your Ipod, I have a suggestion for you to enhance the sound;

While going through the settings, I noticed something called AMB which I never noticed before. The Goldwing owners manual said that it stands for ambience and that it boosts the FM signal for a "live performance" sound. Mine was off, so I put it on high and thought I would try it with the Ipod. I also adjusted the bass up to one notch from the right and the same for treble. Ipod volume all the way up and the sound system volume at around 14. What a big difference in the sound. My wife came into the garage and thought that I bought a new stereo system and was trying it out in the garage. Next, I turned the AMB off to compare and found that there is a difference in the sound. Check it out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
:congrats: Welcome! You'll certainly find plenty of good tips and entertainment here. Pictures help the entertainment aspect...hint!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts