GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 2003 GL1800 with 2500 miles on it last week. I love the big bike, it is a lot different then my 2000 CBR 929 RR, but I have 2 kids now and needed something less track oriented.

The bike was mint when it left FL for shipping to RI. However STI (www.stidelivers.com), who shipped the bike for JC Motors (www.motorcycleshippers.com) managed make sure it didn't arrive mint. The damage was cosmetic, but the list was long and expensive. The short story is the STI shipper in Tampa FL is completely incompetent. The bike should have been shipped on a 9' pallet but was put on an 8' pallet. This resulted in the following damage.

scratches front fender, scratches side cowling and louver, scratches left saddle bag, scratches left mirror case, scratches right rear lower brake light, dents and scratches in trunk chrome trim and saddle bag chrome trim. Total cost with labor $2400.

I’m waiting for the STI adjustor and will reserve final judgment on this company till then, but would caution anyone shipping a bike to consider carefully this case. The guys at JC motors are nice enough but because they arrange shipping with STI they have little help.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Prob didnt take the greatest of care since it was a honda...If it had been another brand.......

Just me stereotyping the shippers mentality.

Same thing happened to my buddies SV650 when it shipped to Belgium.

·
Registered
747 Posts
welcome aboard. i too used JC and they farmed it out to some schmucks, luckily no visible damage but the pallet was busted and they scabbed it together with some 2x4's. drives ok for 2 years now. i dont recommend JC to anyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts