GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just wanted to say hi.

Since the wife wasn't riding her Shadow Spirit (2000 miles in 2 years) she gave me the OK to trade both our bikes in on a Goldwing. Went to dealer, got what I considered a great trade in on her 05 Shadow and my 03 VTX1800 and road home that day with an 06 Titanium Goldwing Premium Audio. :D

All I can say is WOW :shock: . Last year I rented an 02 Goldwing just to see what all the fuss was about. I instantly fell in love. Now that I actually own one, it's WAY better then I thought.

Since I have a phobia about riding in the rain :oops: , I am getting up every morning and checking the forecast to see if its a ride to work day. Unfortunately the weather has finally taken a turn for the worse in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm currently stuck just staring at this beautiful machine in the garage.

That's all for now,

Doug

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome to the fold! Once you actually get to ride, it gets even better! And welcome to the board, too. We're a good, if somewhat noisy, group of dedicated Wing riders....Take advantage of everyone here, they know more about Wings than your dealership will probably ever figure out!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Nice!!! Ain't it great to have a wife that is behind you (in more ways than one) on the Goldwing? Mine is and we are having a great time on our new wing also. Welcome, and do take advantae of all these smart a.... I mean smart guys on here. Lots of knowledge buildup. when you got a bunch of guys this old.....they gotta know sumum :shock:

·
Registered
210 Posts
radbikers said:
Welcome to the fold! Once you actually get to ride, it gets even better! And welcome to the board, too. We're a good, if somewhat noisy, group of dedicated Wing riders....Take advantage of everyone here, they know more about Wings than your dealership will probably ever figure out!
He said it all. Welcome to the world of bikers and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
The wing will handle the rain like a champ. Don't let the rain stop the riding. Welcome to the board and the world of wings

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome Doug, and Gratz on the new ride.

The goldwing handles like a dream, wet or dry. (depending on tires.)
They are quick to break traction on wet pavement if you throttle up too much. (so I have heard.)

It took me about 3 months to get fully comfortable on my Goldwing.
I have ridden bikes since I was 5 years old, but the Wing is a completely different Beast.
I am totally spoiled now... 8)

Ride Safely

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yellow Streak wrote:
They are quick to break traction on wet pavement if you throttle up too much. (so I have heard.)
Yes, the Wing will break traction quite easily on wet pavement with just a little bit of extra throttle, especially in a turn. The stock tires are more apt to lose traction on wet pavement than other tires on the market. When the rear tire spins and the bike's rear end begins to slide to the side, immediately back off the throttle and it will right itself. It will definately get your heart pumping when this happens. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wings, and to this forum as well.

AS you've been told by others, folks on this site know Wings and can answer about any question you can come up with.

I know they've answered all of mine.

Dep

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
WELCOME!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts