GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my first wing. Nice bike, a little full figured compared to my FJR-1300 but I'm enjoying the smooth ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
698 Posts
looks like a red 2012...congratulations and welcome to the boards...may you enjoy the many smiles that await you...:thumbup:

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
Welcome to the zoo. There is alot of good info here and plenty of laughs...
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Hey! Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nice looking bike. Enjoy!
by the way the red ones are faster

·
Registered
35 Posts
:thumbup:Congratulations Bro! You are gonna have an absolute ball! Tune in to this board a lot....a little dramatic at times, but so many people willing to share SO much information!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: On the new bike, and WELCOME to the forum.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congrats, that red is a great color. Now get out and ride.

Dennis

14 dtg KAF
16 dtg Dubai
17 dtg Home for good!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: on your new ride and welcome to the fun. Let us know how the big girl is working for you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
:congrats:eek:n your sweet ride.

·
Registered
323 Posts
:doorag:congrats on the new bike. the red is the fastest. the 2012s look a lot better in person than in photos. find you a curvyy road and let her eat.:p

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Much appreciated

Thanks for the welcome wagon. :cool: I've owned several bikes over the years and the last bike, my 2007 FJR-1300 was the best, just not for the long hauls I wanted to do with the wife. Dealer let me ride a titanium 2010 last year and I was amazed at how light the bike felt once you got it moving. After 23,000 miles on the FJR, when I finally decided to sell a kidney (just kidding) to afford the Wing I couldn't get a 2010 in titanium so opted to order a 2012 red ABS. Picked it up Monday and have 500 miles on it already. Some issues with my feet not hitting the pavement flat as I'm 5' 7". altogether different style of riding as well, not so much weight over the bars and counter steering. I have a buddy who has a 2008 Wing and teaches Motorcyle Safety here and he offered to give me some tips on riding the GW. The shift from 1st to 2nd is a little clunky but I think that's just teaching my foot to gage the rotating mass of the 1800cc engine. I'm hoping to learn a lot from this board. I think the GW will be my ride for a long time considering the investment and riding. Thanks again for the kind wishes and comments.:lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congtats on the new bike.. when I 1sst bought mine, it too took some time to get used to not being able to flat foot it at stops, especially with my wife on board, but after time in the saddle, all is good now. You will also get used to the shifting and will wonder what took you so long to get a GW.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats on your new ride. I used to have an 07 FJR..loved the power but went through a TON of windshields before I found one that didn't buffet the crap out of me..:cry:. LOVE my Titanium '10 and know that you will REALLY enjoy your Wing!! She's a bit of a fat lady, but on the curves she can dance like a slim little filly...:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the board/bored. Once you get used to the size and weight of the Wing, you will find it handles not to differently from the FJR1300. Maybe not as quick a response from the engine and maybe not quite as much lean in the corners, but it is tough to beat a Wing in all aspects.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That's a pretty nice looking bike you have there...My last bike was a 2005 FJR 1300.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts