GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G-FLUNKY,
today was the day you were to pick up your new Wing.
Last time it was "still in the crate. chrome was being installed. Had to sell the BIG SLUG.
Wherezit @ tuff guy?
yer pal,
the hobo
excuses,excuses,too many excuses. :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think maybe he is "Cave Diving" with one of his "Special Friends".

Just joking with ya Gman!!! Hope you are out on your new Wing!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Im here. We ran into some issues BLK. You know what. We go to the dealer today and see if it can be worked out. I just want something noted in the contract and it's beginning to be a task for the salesman. Also the part for the front fog light didnt come in. It will be here today.
We took the bike out for a ride friday evening . It looked good and we had a blast right up until it started to wobble and i mean bad. They took it and said the neck wasnt tight. Well its boiled down to putting new bearings in . They want me to pay. Im not. It's there issue. BLK you were right. I thought it was just talk till it happen to me. We rode two Wings in three weeks and had no problem and we got on my black Wing and it happen. I talked to the mechanic and He really helped me out. He told me they were to change all the bearings in the necks before selling but didnt on the last remaning 06's. The Wings I rode had the change and they ran good. Im not paying for a bearing change and what the hell is Hondas issue with doing it themselves ? The mechanic said they did on the 07's. So if they will do it for free we will be heading to Tenn today. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
G-funk either you, the salesman, or the mechanic is full of spit. At this point I have not decided which one.

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
Never heard a steering column called a neck by a mechanic

I don't buy your story either

Most wings don't develope a wobble/if they do until after 4k-6K on the Dunflop D250 tires

So that leads me to beleive in the tire theory

All Balls Bearing,improved suspension and Traxion all help to rid this wobble, but I have not seen a new wing with it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
This whole story is sounding like a campfire joke.

I had my 04 LOADED with Chrome, LED's, Fog Lights, spoiler, cb, cd changer, heated grips, rear trunk and saddlebag rails, and the trunk light (still waiting for the SO to use that LOL) BEFORE I picked up the bike - it took the dealer LESS than a week to get the add-ons in and put on the bike! I "bought" the bike on Saturday before Labor Day and picked it up that following Friday. SO THERE WAS A HOLIDAY AND THEY STILL HAD ALL MY STUFF INSTALLED.

As for the wobble - well the deceleration wobble occurs on my GL and the Vulcan. Has NEVER been an issue since I have my hands on the bars anyway when I am coming to a stop.

Oh yea, AND I had to sign my papers and have proof of insurance BEFORE they would order any of the add-ons or take the bike off the floor. FOG LIGHTS ARE AN ADD-ON G-Funk!

This is NOT the first bike I have bought brand new - in 92 when I bought the 91 - 250 it was exactly the same way.

So either G-Funk has a REAL DIFFERENT dealer or he is so full of himself that he is just a wannabe bike owner.

Probably sitting in his arm chair watching the OCC boys and reading his Easy Rider magazine.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,581 Posts
G Funk
I always thought that some of these guys were a little hard on, but you really are are full of crap. I can't believe you would even try to pass off a bullshit story like that here. :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts