GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in a New Year's Day ride in Georgia.

I'm thinking we could meet somewhere in the Atlanta area, probably somewhere along I-285 around 9:30a, then ride a couple of hours to someplace that would be open for lunch. Kick some tires in the parking lot afterward and head home. This plan would require us to use the probably almost empty interstates.

Another idea would be to meet somewhere in the burbs then head even farther away from the city on backroads to lunch. This meeting place wouldn't be as centrally located.

Only weather related reason to cancel the ride would be freezing rain or snow.

Any ideas or suggestions? If there is enough interest I may go ahead and run with it, but, as of right now, just gauging interest.

Since most parking lots would be empty, maybe we could throw down some cones and have a little parking lot practice after lunch.

Trialsman

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
trialsman said:
Just testing the waters to see if there would be any interest in a New Year's Day ride in Georgia.

I'm thinking we could meet somewhere in the Atlanta area, probably somewhere along I-285 around 9:30a, then ride a couple of hours to someplace that would be open for lunch. Kick some tires in the parking lot afterward and head home. This plan would require us to use the probably almost empty interstates.

Another idea would be to meet somewhere in the burbs then head even farther away from the city on backroads to lunch. This meeting place wouldn't be as centrally located.

Only weather related reason to cancel the ride would be freezing rain or snow.

Any ideas or suggestions? If there is enough interest I may go ahead and run with it, but, as of right now, just gauging interest.

Since most parking lots would be empty, maybe we could throw down some cones and have a little parking lot practice after lunch.

Trialsman
My brudda and the whole fam damily will be here. Might just grill or go to the Dillard house...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Paul, I can more than likley go out. The roads should be nice and empty! As long as our butts are ready for another ride after our Texas trip. I am looking forward to that.

·
Registered
691 Posts
What if you stole an idea from ArnButt Bill and met at the Dillard House or some place like that for lunch and maybe some riders from the Carolina's and TN. could make it ?? Free lunch for longest ride. Everyone there could chip in to cover his or her lunch. This could be the first annual.

Charlie

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charlie,

Not a bad idea :)

Of course, throwing North Ga. into the mix would increase the possibility of crappy weather, especially for those from Tn. and the Carolinas.

Opinions?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Heartscrub, Where did you come from????? Are we neighbors? I live right at the Forsyth/Hall county line on 53, just after the bridge on the lake.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'm in....unless it's cold.....you know what a cream puff I am!!! 8)

I gotta get me some of them electric britches!!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
TnCharlie said:
What if you stole an idea from ArnButt Bill and met at the Dillard House or some place like that for lunch and maybe some riders from the Carolina's and TN. could make it ?? Free lunch for longest ride. Everyone there could chip in to cover his or her lunch. This could be the first annual.

Charlie
You know, Charlie, that's why you're the TN Godfather of the Wingstock Mafia.
You are the ginchiest. What a great idea.
I'll be there in the Cooper though with a family member; the rest in the Mazda, I guess...

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Come on guys, I think we should give Mirte's a break from GoldWings. Poor lady has to put up with one of us just about every weekend. She needs a break.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Toyo said:
Come on guys, I think we should give Mirte's a break from GoldWings. Poor lady has to put up with one of us just about every weekend. She needs a break.
That's true; but Charlie is classy, unlike the rest of us.
And if you guys brought your wives more often you'd be on better behavior.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Toyo's right, Mirte's and Bill should have a family outing without goldwing riders around. :lol: I was just looking for a good ride and did not think it through. :oops:

Charlie

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Bill, Sometimes you forget we have a son. Kinda hard to fit 3 people on the Wing. Also Krista likes to spend time with Cole since he is in school all week. She is a very busy beaver, however she does enjoy riding the Wing and wishes she would be able to go more often. As she tells me, she has a life. She tells me my life only consists of work, the board, and my Goldwing and Cole. Whats the problem with that I ask her?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I'll take Cole in the Cooper; Krista rides with her man.

Whatsa matta? You don't wanna meet my brudda? 'Cause he's from Sopranosland, huh?

Toyo said:
Krista is a very busy beaver,
:shock: :oops: I'm getting a warm tingling feeling when I read that and I'm not entirely sure why...

We could also do a ride-in to my house and I'll grill again... ...my brother isn't as scary as Mom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts