GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Major change made. It's now at the Golden Jersey Inn https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...c5fb278df891e18!8m2!3d39.829349!4d-83.8695917 See post #12 We had a New Years' Day RTE 2 years ago, went over pretty good.
Last year, they (Capricorn Inn) were closed :crying:

This year, they say they will be open.
So.....RTE/DTE New Years Day @ noon, Capricorn Inn.
Don't worry, OSU doesn't play until 5:00.
Also, to our soon-to-be new-found friends, just because it may be a little chilly out this tine of year, doesn't mean you can't fire up the 4 wheels, hit the heater and join us. The idea is to get together. Just because you may choose not to ride...well we won't hold that against ya. ('less you're Boomer) And yes, wives are certainly invited also.
Hope to see you there. https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...d54412c5!8m2!3d39.3927896!4d-83.9264977?hl=en

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
BB not sure just yet but I'm going to try to make it.

I may drag a couple of folks along with me.

Plus since HondaHawk still owes me a free lunch since I was unable to attend his "free" day, I certainly hope he graces us again with his attendance.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will be good seeing the 'new' Dan. :grin2:

Perchance you'll need a name tag for us to recognize you?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Thanks Bob, still the same ole Dan just a bit smaller. 20lbs to go and I'll be at my goal weight! I'm down 82lbs so far since I started about a year ago. And I'm gonna have me a big ole Rod Burger at the RTE.....only without the bun:)

Looking forward to seeing my buckeyed buddies. Tadd are you coming? Ronnie, how about the dynamic trio...you, Elmer & JDH3? What about my buddy Boomer?

Good way to start out the new year is with a ride, a ride and good food even better, a ride with good food and good friends-what more could you ask for!

Dan

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With all the weight losses going on, I'm afraid you guys might make me look BIG. >:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Bob, everyone will recognize you - the guy in the shorts on New Year's day in Ohio.
With the temp at 46 today, I thought I'd see RAW2210 out riding that new Goldwing.

Reactions: raw2210

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Thanks Bob, still the same ole Dan just a bit smaller. 20lbs to go and I'll be at my goal weight! I'm down 82lbs so far since I started about a year ago. And I'm gonna have me a big ole Rod Burger at the RTE.....only without the bun:)

Looking forward to seeing my buckeyed buddies. Tadd are you coming? Ronnie, how about the dynamic trio...you, Elmer & JDH3? What about my buddy Boomer?

Good way to start out the new year is with a ride, a ride and good food even better, a ride with good food and good friends-what more could you ask for!

Dan
I should be there Dan.

With all the weight losses going on, I'm afraid you guys might make me look BIG. >:)
Or maybe all the burgers and onion rings made you look that way?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ouch ?

·
6,943 Posts
Here's a video of someone telling me I had too many twinkies. :surprise::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

Dan

Planning on it. Last visit was a little short.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hang on! Capricorn Inn tells me they are now going to be CLOSED New Years Day! :crying: And the BBQ place I wanted to check-out will be closed also. So...I'm moving it to this place https://www.google.com/maps/place/G...c5fb278df891e18!8m2!3d39.829349!4d-83.8695917 I know several of you have been here, (RR), and it is an excellent restaurant. Just might make it a tad bit of a longer ride for a few. :crying:

Same time, same date, different place.

Sorry for the change guys.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Just HAD To Double Post This!

I know my Mom told me plenty of times you just have to let a few things go in your life. WELL Mom, I just can't pass this one up!! Way too much fun factor involved!!!

Ain't this kinda like the pot calling the kettle black?!!!!!!

Note the Jan.19th RTE thread for reference purposes. Post number 8.....

BB sez.....Ronnie. I'm sure not an expert to when it comes to calling a RTE. RAW sez.....BOY that's for sure!!!

BB sez......Seems like just calling one for this date, at this time, at this place.

Then BB sez....So...I'm moving it to this place...

I will be the first to admit I am easily confused at this age. Geez just wait until I get to Boomer's and Bullet's age!? I'll probably forget to put my pants on. Oh wait, Bullet Bob already does that when he comes to the RTE's in his underwear shorts!!

I will be at the NEW, CHANGED TO, DIFFERENT eating place from the one originally posted.

One thing for sure.....we are easily entertained during the winter riding months ragging on each other.

BB all kidding aside, you are right as usual and we will see what happens.

See you on Jan. 1!!!!

Taddpole we MAY have 3 going or just me in the car. You are welcome to ride with us if you want.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Alright Bob. I'm glad you triple checked with the CI. At least if GJI is closed, we can still help them milk the cows...
This will cost me an extra 5 minutes driving. Let's have a moment of sentiment for poor poor Boomer.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright Bob. I'm glad you triple checked with the CI. At least if GJI is closed, we can still help them milk the cows...
This will cost me an extra 5 minutes driving. Let's have a moment of sentiment for poor poor Boomer.
You know he's going cry about this for hours. :crying:

C'mon Boomer, I (may) buy lunch. :wink2:

·
6,943 Posts
Sorry guys, I most likely won't be there. Too much company from out of state, I will not discuss it here, Bob knows and he can fill you in tomorrow.

Reactions: Bullet Bob

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I'm bailing too fellas.....wife and I are taking the grandkids to the children's museum. Have a safe trip & happy new year.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm bailing too fellas.....wife and I are taking the grandkids to the children's museum. Have a safe trip & happy new year.
Sorry to hear that Dan. We'll catch up with you down the road, maybe at Raw's RTE?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts