GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For New Years - I resolve:

1) To do my first Iron-Butt Ride.
2) To ride to work at least once a week.
3) To take at least one riding safety course.
4) To ride every weekend, regardless of the weather.
5) To ride in at least 6 new states.
6) To visit at least 6 new GWRRA chapters.

How about you?

·
Registered
320 Posts
tjshelton said:

Be sure not to forget your matching vests, stuffed animal on back and most important.... to pull your paints about chest high...to fit in and all.

Oh and to hit 6 GWRRA chapters, just go to the Ryan's or Cracker Barrel in the closes 6 towns around ya.....thay don't travel far from home so the trips for ya should be short.

Be sure to bring your AARP card for additional discounts and to ensure your get soft served Sr. meals..
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buford T. said:
tjshelton said:

Be sure not to forget your matching vests, stuffed animal on back and most important.... to pull your paints about chest high...to fit in and all.

Oh and to hit 6 GWRRA chapters, just go to the Ryan's or Cracker Barrel in the closes 6 towns around ya.....thay don't travel far from home so the trips for ya should be short.

Be sure to bring your AARP card for additional discounts and to ensure your get soft served Sr. meals..
Now Buford...

Although Tammy and I have matching vests, we don't wear them often. I don't collect pins or anything else. I also don't have a stuffed animal on the back, and my pants fit just fine (I've dropped about 80 lbs and don't have to worry about my gut).

I've never been to Ryan's, and have only stopped at Cracker Barrel to use the rest-room or grab a quick bite. I prefer Cold-Stone over DQ, so I haven't been to a DQ for well over 3 years.

I do qualify for AARP this coming year, but don't expect to join. They've really got nothing to offer that I don't get elsewhere.

I do enjoy riding with my local GWRRA chapter, but enjoy riding by myself (or just with my much better half) more. Visiting other GWRRA chapters gives me an excuse to take a ride, have a meal, and meet new friends.

·
Registered
320 Posts
tjshelton said:
Buford T. said:
tjshelton said:

Now Buford...

Although Tammy and I have matching vests, we don't wear them often. I don't collect pins or anything else. I also don't have a stuffed animal on the back, and my pants fit just fine (I've dropped about 80 lbs and don't have to worry about my gut).

I've never been to Ryan's, and have only stopped at Cracker Barrel to use the rest-room or grab a quick bite. I prefer Cold-Stone over DQ, so I haven't been to a DQ for well over 3 years.

I do qualify for AARP this coming year, but don't expect to join. They've really got nothing to offer that I don't get elsewhere.

I do enjoy riding with my local GWRRA chapter, but enjoy riding by myself (or just with my much better half) more. Visiting other GWRRA chapters gives me an excuse to take a ride, have a meal, and meet new friends.
Just funnin with ya bud....congrats on losing 80 lbs...how ya do it? I have lost 25 in the last 3 months...but have plateaued I guess.

Good luck on your resalutions.....
JD

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buford T. said:
Just funnin with ya bud....congrats on losing 80 lbs...how ya do it? I have lost 25 in the last 3 months...but have plateaued I guess.

Good luck on your resalutions.....
JD
I did the Atkins diet. Went from 280 down to 194. Pants went from a snug 44 inch waist to a loose 38 (even got into a couple of 36's). Then I lost my job, had to take another (much better) job cross country, sell a house, buy a house. Kind of let the diet slip and I'm back up to 220.

So that brings up my non-MC related resolutions... I'm quitting smoking and going back on the diet. I'd like to get down to around 175.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Your wife won't know you! She will keep ya though, new man in the house! LOL

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Toyo said:
Bill, Dont you mean START washing my bike once a year?
I washed it before we moved some time... ...I think it was back in April or May.
I've wiped it down a few times since then; I gave it a good wiping before bringing it to Ken for the tire install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts