GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out to N.Y. by way of Shanksville, Pa. with a group of Fire- fighters to attend ceremonies at the Twin Towers site. Should be a memorial experience. Will be keeping a log and taking all the pictures and video two cameras and extra cards can handle. Will post thoughts when I return.
Billy:flg:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Headed out to N.Y. by way of Shanksville, Pa. with a group of Fire- fighters to attend ceremonies at the Twin Towers site. Should be a memorial experience. Will be keeping a log and taking all the pictures and video two cameras and extra cards can handle. Will post thoughts when I return.
bndiii,
What route are you taking to NY from Shanksville? I live about 30 miles from Shanksville and would love to shake some hands, you may even be riding past my house in which case you're more than welcome to stop in for a beverage of choice! Not sure how many are in your group but I have plenty of parking, I'm sure I can handle atleast 20 bikes in my drive. In any case be safe and have a Blast!!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
We were in NYC while the towers were still smoldering and have made a few trips back since. I don't think that there is a place on earth that is more moving, or has had more of an impact on our daily lives than Ground Zero. Enjoy the trip and the solemn reminder of lives lost and lives forever changed. Ride safe

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Visited the Shanksville site this summer, and the permament memorial was still under construction. Hard to describe how moving the experience is. Made me angry all over again.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'm considering coming to Shanksville this weekend for the dedication. Haven't been there yet. I've been watching the NPS site trying to figure how it might all work out. Looks like 'they' are making everyone shuttle in to the site for the programs. Just wondering if there will be any MC parking on a hard surface. Can't tell from the web site.
I've been to Ground Zero several times--knew several that were murdered there. 10 House (FDNY) is just across the street and lots of memorials there. It is a very moving location. Very hard to believe it's been 10 years. Lots of memories... Lots of emotions...
Ride Safe bndii and Brothers...

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Look forward to your pics and vids. Ride safe.:thumbup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thinking and praying for the many who lost their live on that terrible day.

Even now, watching the documentaries on TV brings back all the emotions and anger I felt at the time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Ride safe and God bless.

Dave.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bndiii,
What route are you taking to NY from Shanksville? I live about 30 miles from Shanksville and would love to shake some hands, you may even be riding past my house in which case you're more than welcome to stop in for a beverage of choice! Not sure how many are in your group but I have plenty of parking, I'm sure I can handle atleast 20 bikes in my drive. In any case be safe and have a Blast!!
leaving youngstown, ohio wednesday morning with upwards off 500 bikes, or so i'm told. would expect to be at the site approx. 1 o'clock. look for silver 1800 with eagles and auwing 04 lincense plate from ill. be proud to shake your hand.
Billy;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
back from N.Y. for 9-11

2200 miles round trip. first 4 days solid rain and fog. Some riders turned back, but most went on. Shanksville,the pentagon and ground zero each got wreaths and a moment of silence. New Zealand, England, Scotland,Austrialia and Ireland did fly=and=rides. Very moving to attend this ride and I will post pictures soon:cry:

·
Registered
835 Posts
leaving youngstown, ohio wednesday morning with upwards off 500 bikes, or so i'm told. would expect to be at the site approx. 1 o'clock. look for silver 1800 with eagles and auwing 04 lincense plate from ill. be proud to shake your hand.
Billy;)

Were you riding with the Axemen? A buddy and fellow firefighter of mine belongs to that group and was going to do that ride. Me - I had to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts