GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
So far it looks like I might of made the right choice. Now I just have to wait for it to show up. Thanks for the info Fred.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Well, in absence of any meaningful objective opinions from hands-on road testing I don't know if it is so much a review per se as it is an article elaborating on the Zumo's features and operation, if that subtle nuance is clear (i.e., I was half expecting to see a selling price at the bottom). Nevertheless it was still a good read and is certainly useful as a reasonable guide toward decision-making; thanks for finding and posting! :D

BTW, I LOVE my Zumo...er Zumo 550 (better make that distinction now that there's a Zumo 450)!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got my Zumo 550 last month. I just got all the necessary items from Kennedy Cellset to wire it into my intercom. What a great system. I used to use the Garmin 2610, but the Zumo is so much better in every way. I even have hands free phone when I want it.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Man o Man, I do not want to purchase another GPS...No....No....No...

I did this with Audio equipment back in the 60's. I have tons of vinyl records and have not seen a record player in 30 years.

The craziness has got to stop....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Thanks Fred, it's a great write up.

I must add something though, you can display routes on the zumo, just select a route and start navigating. It will show up on the map and you can zoom in and out. Further you can display tracks by converting them to a route then navigating.

I know this may seem obvious to some, but you can display routes.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Bulldog said:
Man o Man, I do not want to purchase another GPS...No....No....No...

I did this with Audio equipment back in the 60's. I have tons of vinyl records and have not seen a record player in 30 years.

The craziness has got to stop....LOL

Bulldog

Ditto that Bulldog.

A few years ago, I bought a good turntable and every now and then I spin a classic vinyl or two. Vinyl sounds so much better than digital.

Similarly, my tattered old National Geographic Road Atlas gets me where I want to go in a more meaningful way than the impersonal GPS that's always telling me to do this or do that. Since the worst investment I've ever made in motorcyling was a GPS unit, it's easy for me to stop the craziness.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Rastoff said:
...Further you can display tracks by converting them to a route then navigating.

I know this may seem obvious to some, but you can display routes.
If you do this, the route tries to start from the beginning making this slightly less functional than it sounds.

The unit has some potential, especially with a few firmware upgrades.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts