GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay- I'm a recent Goldwing buyer, wondering what the concensus is on which manufacturer is BEST for turn down exhausts. The Kuryakyn 7606 or Show Chrome BB?? I know the Show Chrome turn down more like a 90 degree, but I guess wondering about QUALITY of Chrome. Is the Hondaline worth the extra cost??
I really like the look of these turndowns, but don't like buying crap. Have tried looking at reviews and just can't make up mind. Any help??????
Thanks in advance...

Postman- Leesburg, FL

·
Registered
429 Posts

For something under $100, the turn downs above have served me well. They are not 90 degrees more like 45.

B

·
0 Posts
It is pretty much the consensus on this forum that Kury chrome is crap! YMMV

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I had the Show Chrome on my 02 for 5 years and they looked just like new the day I sold the bike, I like the 90 on them better than the Kuryakyn. The Honda ones are not worth the extra money, IMHO.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I don't think that any of the aftermarket turndowns will hold up like the Honda ones. Honda chrome is top notch. Kury is junk and Show Chrome isn't much better.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have had Kury's on for over a 1 1/2 years and holding up very well.

B

·
0 Posts
Have had my Kurys on for almost 4 years and chrome is just fine.
Well, come to think of it, most of the complaints about Kury chrome has been on everything but the exhaust tips. Can't remember hearing about those specific pieces at all and comments here would seem to support that. But I have a buddy who has over $4K in Kury chrome and it is all peeling, chipping really horribly. Many others have had the same complaint (except exhaust tips). :shrug:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I have the Hondaline turndowns. They are 4 years old. Quality is very good. I think they were worth it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Had the Kury's since 2001 and moved them to my 2006 and they are still going good. Got a few scratches on them but the chrome hasn't budged

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I have had the Kury's on since May 2005 and they are holding up well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Newb about Exhaust turnddowns

I Have had a few "issues" with the Kuryakyn products, that's why I was wondering asbout any experiences with the Kury 7606 turndowns. Looks like so far, that's one thing maybe Kuryakyn got right.
I DO like the show chrome BB tips because they turn almost 90 degrees. The Hondaline tips cost about $175.00-$200.00 WOW!! almost twice as much as Kurys .??????
Keep the opinions coming!
Mark-

POSTMAN- Leesburg, FL

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was looking at the Kurys and the Show Chrome on the WingStuff site, and I read the user's reviews. Of the 8 or 10 folks that bought the ShowChrome brand, 2 were complaining that the chrome bubbled in the first week or so.

There were four pages of reviews (61 total) for the Kury's and nobody complained about the chrome at all. Almost all of the Kury reviews were 5 stars out of 5. So, they were selling a LOT more of the Kury's with zero complaints about the chrome.

So, even though Kury has a bad "Chrome" reputation, it does not seem to extend to the Exhaust turn-downs. They seem to be good stuff.

Just FYI.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
The difference you fellows are talking about are Kury chrome on ALUMINUM and Kury Chrome on STEEL. Kury chrome on steel will hold up better, but requires you scrub from time to time with 0000 steel wool (SOS pad is best, soap acts as a lubricant) to get the brown rust color off. Kury chrome on aluminum flakes, pits and gets pimples in about two seasons and there's really no cure for that. Once started, polishing simply makes it peel off faster.

All of this is assuming you actualy expose these parts to the weather.

Kury or any Korean/Chinese chrome does not have enough hardener in it. They lay it on as thin as possible.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I've had my Kury tips on for just over a year, and they still look like new. I keep my bike clean and protect-all'd so they don't get a chance to rust.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
osp, I will give ya set, just meet me half way between clearwater and leesburg, they are not perfect, but at least you could try them, then decide, let me know.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Hey! There you go! A free set of turndowns... can't beat that with a stick!:congrats:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts