GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been visiting this great site and the HD site or awhile, lot's of good information on both. I have been doing quite alot of research on which bike I am going to buy. Either an 08 or newer Ultra Classic or the Goldwing. Last week my wife and I were at the show in Atlanta and set on both. Now I want to rent one of each for a weekend and ride for a day or two as I don't think I would be able to really get a good feel from just a test ride. I can find the UC to rent in Atlanta but not the Goldwing. Does anyone know any place near Atlanta I could rent a Goldwing for a day or so?

BTW, I must dispose of my Z06 Corvette 1st. Until the market heals up, I can only afford one big toy at a time.

Sure appreciate any advice.

Poppi

·
Registered
326 Posts
depends on what you expect from the bike. ya want excellent road manners, cushy travel, great handling, tons-o-power - or - harley cause it's harley (which i like by the way). it's easier to look and feel tough and bad on a harley, if thats yer thing. imho

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
depends on what you expect from the bike. ya want excellent road manners, cushy travel, great handling, tons-o-power - or - harley cause it's harley (which i like by the way). it's easier to look and feel tough and bad on a harley, if thats yer thing. imho
I live on tough street, further you go the badder it gets, last house on the left.

JK....actually just want to ride each bike for a day before I make my final decision.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Looks like Nashville is the closest to you. You have the right idea though, I did the same thing, rented one of each for a day.

I enjoyed the comfort of the UC, but not enough to trade my 1st gen Concours in. The comfort and handling of the GL1800 hooked me. I'm in heaven now that I moved from Texas to Cali.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Welcome to the forums! And congrats on that Wing you'll soon be buying!! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Your decision will depend on, if you want an image or a MOTORCYCLE ;)
Good luck on your decision :cool:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your decision will depend on, if you want an image or a MOTORCYCLE ;)
Good luck on your decision :cool:
Heck, I'm too old for that image stuff, been there done that. Looking for a nice ride for my wife and I.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
or you can come out to AZ for a vacation, rent both and ride some great roads!

·
Registered
170 Posts
which one?

dude.once you ride the wing.......youll come back and throw rocks at the harley.......... trust us..we wouldnt steer ya wrong!!!......:thumbup:.... :doorag:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts