GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Just purchased a 2010 from a friend in NY. Had it shipped here and just got her cleaned up yesterday.

Yes, my first Goldwing! Test drove one years ago though.

Lots of learning to do! It's farkled pretty good and has the car tire in the back. Still learning about that conversion and if I'll like it or not.

My bike history:
250 Ossa
Yamaha Maxim
HD Softail
Honda Blackbird
3 Kawasaki ZX-14's
ST1300
MV Agusta 1098RR

Looking forward to a ride to the Ozarks in May and the Black Hills this summer!

So, I'm also looking for a good shop to get the forks rebuilt and exactly which route to go (Traxxion or ???)
I'm open for any advise local guys have to give!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Welcome Dave, This is the most fun you can have with your clothes and your internet connection on! John By the way, what kind of car tire? Rail will want to know.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Welcome, and in regards to your suspension question - if you have the bucks people swear by traxxion. For the mere mortals on a budget, people swear by the new Progressive monotubes. Then there's others that love their stock suspension. Me, got tired of banging front suspension so on my 02 went with Racetech Gold Valve system and disabled the anti-dive, on the 08 have Progressive (not the monotubes, they weren't available then) and a fork brace. Personally I would do the monotubes if doing it again. Go for some rides with the bike, see how you like it the way it is now. Try to ride with some other guys that have different setups, see what they like/dislike on theirs, maybe do a swap for a bit to get an idea.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Welcome to the Board !!
Traxxion installer in MN Glen is his name . I trust this dude %137 . Kinda busy , PM for show phone number. A blackbird hu ? I think we are going to get along just fine !!. Again welcome !!
http://midnightmotorcycle.com/
This link will get ya phone number ask for Glen
Tell him Rail from Wi . riding a white gold wing year round sent ya . He will remember me .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

WELCOME to the forum, and WELCOME to the wonderful world of the GoldWing. Good luck with your new ride. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Welcome aboard sir! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Welcome Dave :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Welcome from Kiel, WI
We have a son and his family in Madison
They live in Middleton and he own Isthmus Eye Care on the east side and on University Av Middleton

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Welcome Dave, hope to meet you this year at a get together!!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Welcome to the Board !!
Traxxion installer in MN Glen is his name . I trust this dude %137 . Kinda busy , PM for show phone number. A blackbird hu ? I think we are going to get along just fine !!. Again welcome !!
http://midnightmotorcycle.com/
This link will get ya phone number ask for Glen
Tell him Rail from Wi . riding a white gold wing year round sent ya . He will remember me .
Welcome, Dave. Hope you can make it to a few RTEs this year.

Adam and Glen, done my forks. Good folks. Glen is a pretty sharp guy in the suspension department. He does track days on his R1, so he has a pretty good feel for suspensions. Glen has a "Mega Monty" GL1800 available to test ride. I warn you don't ride that bike unless your willing to fork out 3k.:) I have everything Traxxion has to offer on my bike, and I'm loving it. What I like about the Traxxion stuff is the choice of spring rates they have. I've done just the heaver spring route on this bike in the past and it offers a lot of bang for the buck. In fact I have a set of 1.2kg fork springs for sale. If your interested, or if you want to talk suspension PM me.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Since you live in Madison, you ought to ride down to the wing ding this year and look around to find out what is available for your bike, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
welcome

Welcome to the board. You will be able to learn a lot from everyone.:thumbup:
There is also Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA). There is a chapter in Madison I can get you in contact with if you like.
Great group of people who also like to ride. If you want more info you can contact me at [email protected] or even call me 920-979-5967.;)

Sit back and dream, only 88 days till spring :lol:

Hope to meet you at the Post Holiday Party
Jerry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts