GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2001 gl1800 with 32,000 miles. Purchased bike to include wife in my trips. I am normally a sportbike guy (GSXS1000) but want to share my excursions with her. Just ordered progressive suspension for front end. Any comments in SS brake lines for wing?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Welcome. That bike is hardly broken in. You'll need to put some miles on it.

Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines: A.) Are IMHO not needed on a Goldwing and B.) There are a lot of Brake Lines on a Goldwing. I don't know of, nor have I heard of, anyone that has done this.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome and great find on a low mileage 2001. What are you looking to gain with the SS ?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Welcome from Se Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2: Progressives on the front are a good idea. Stainless brake lines really aren't needed, however, if you really want to improve your bike, replace the rear shock preload hose with a braided stainless one, replace the rear shock spring with a Progressive one, and service the preload pump. The difference in the ride is awesome.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Welcome from Northern Ohio. :thumbup:

·
Chard Member
13,047 Posts
New brake hoses on a 19 year old bike would be a improvement. Haven’t heard of a stainless kit available over the years

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
SS brake line replacements were popular on the GL1500 wings. The brakes on the GL1800 were a huge improvement over earlier models.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Waldo what part of the USA are you from?? It would be nice if we knew where your from..

SS lines, never heard of it on a GL..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts