GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally looking at buying a new Goldwing. I have found 2 deals here local to me. I'm looking at the Premium Audio.
Deal # 1 is a new 2007 black for $16994 + TTL no set up or other fees.
Deal #2 is a new 2006 black for $15999 + TTL no set up or other fees.
So I guess I'm calling on the great amount of knowledge on this board to tell me what are the differences in 06 vs 07, and when (if) I sell will I get my $1000 difference back on the 07.

Thanks, Hankhill

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Propane business must be good.:money1:

Welcome to the site.

·
Chard Member
12,965 Posts
Welcome!

No difference that I know of between '06 & '07.

It depends how long you hold onto the bike before you resell it. If you sell it within the next couple of years the 1 year difference might make a little difference in what you get. If you sell it 4 or 5 years from now, I doubt one year will make any difference.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Red said:
Welcome!

No difference that I know of between '06 & '07.

It depends how long you hold onto the bike before you resell it. If you sell it within the next couple of years the 1 year difference might make a little difference in what you get. If you sell it 4 or 5 years from now, I doubt one year will make any difference.
Ditto.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Since it is one year and one thou difference, I would get it from the dealer I like best, if it is two different dealers that is...if the same, I would try to have something thrown into the deal, like accessories, etc. to sweeten it either way...welcome to the site and congrats on getting the best bike in the world!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'm with Red, and Dan on this one......but I say.....get the Black one!!! :wink:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
No Blue Ones????? Bummer. :?

Get the best you can afford.

A friend once told me, " always buy the best and you'll never be disappointed" :wink:

Hold true most of the time.. :wink:

Oh Yeah, welcome to the board

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I agree with Red. The only difference between the two you are looking at is the 07 is a metallic black. So buy the one you like the looks of the best.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also found a 06 Titanium for 16,299.
The one in Donnie sig pick looks more gray then I thought. I thought it would be more sliver.
Very Pretty...

Decisions, Decisions.

Thanks for all you help.

Hankhill

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ok. last month I had the same thing. Both black, both had just the sound system. The 06 was 400 more than the 07. the 06 was only a 6hour round trip in Texas. But as soon as I drove it off the lot I would be unside down in my note because it is one year old. The 07 was 16299 in Miss. and a 24 hour round trip drive. I got the 07. While there I looked at the 06 and there is no difference. You have to make a choice on what you can afford and what you want. I believe you will be happy with either. Weather has been so bad that I have not yet reached 300 miles on my new bike since 12-12-06. Too much rain and cold weather together. I understand that Sunday will be a great day to add miles.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Thanks, Hank. The titanium sure will not show the dirt like the black. Also none of the colors look that good until you see them in the sun, makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just be sure and get the black one you like. There is a difference in the two blacks. Other than that I would choose the one farther away - longer first ride.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You may not want to hear this, but I would strongly consider shopping for and buying an ABS, even though it means that you will have to pay a couple grand more at the outset.

Why? Safety, predominantly. ABS is just great on this bike. Even ONE incident of sphincter-clinching panic stop in the rain will convince you.

It has been said before that it is a real pity that Honda requires so many other options be bought in order to get the ABS, but that's the way it is.

Another consideration is resale. The ABS will be easier to sell later and it will demand a higher price. Plus, you might even like the heated seat and grips and nav.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
lefty,

ABS..Phooey :shock:

Everybody knows a non- ABS bike will stop quicker.

All ABS does is give the rider a false sense of security.

Flame on.... :yes: :yes:

later..Randy

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
See:

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf90/302117_web.pdf

Perhaps not so curiously, the numbers recorded for the ABS-equipped motorcycles were AVERAGES while the numbers recorded for the non-ABS bikes were the single best (shortest) stop.

Why would they report like this? Because getting an optimum stop out of a manual motorcycle braking system requires familiarity with the bike and the surface upon which one rides. In order to get the best performance, one must practice the stop.

Last I checked, the harebrains don't give you a practice run or two before pulling out in front of you.

Note that the average stopping distances of the ABS bikes beat the best non-ABS stops in the majority of cases.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
leftwinger said:
See:

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf90/302117_web.pdf

Perhaps not so curiously, the numbers recorded for the ABS-equipped motorcycles were AVERAGES while the numbers recorded for the non-ABS bikes were the single best (shortest) stop.

Why would they report like this? Because getting an optimum stop out of a manual motorcycle braking system requires familiarity with the bike and the surface upon which one rides. In order to get the best performance, one must practice the stop.

Last I checked, the harebrains don't give you a practice run or two before pulling out in front of you.

Note that the average stopping distances of the ABS bikes beat the best non-ABS stops in the majority of cases.
This sounds like it would make an interesting poll and or new topic to post, quit hijackin dudes!! :chat:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Hankhill said:
So I guess I'm calling on the great amount of knowledge on this board to tell me what are the differences in 06 vs 07, and when (if) I sell will I get my $1000 difference back on the 07.
Thanks, Hankhill
You probably won't ever recoup the $1K in resale. The '06 is a deal.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Black is soooo pretty when clean! Titanium looks clean a heck of a lot longer. Go for ABS!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts