GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- Did all 2003 GL1800s have the saddle bag key fob. The seller stated that mine was a base model which did not include that option.

- The Wing came with a trailer hitch which I removed. What can I use to cover the hole.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I believe all 2001 thru 2017 GL1800’s came with a key fob.
The hole can be covered with the original reflector and a spring clip provided with the Rivco hitch. Check rivcoproducts.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just emailed Rivco to see if they sold the reflector. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My 2001 was a “base model” and it came with a key fob.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Your bike should have a key fob remote. Before going out and getting one, you may want to pull the upper trunk liner off and make sure that the controller is there. There will be a black box for the lock/unlock functions. If it was removed for some reason, all the fobs in the world will not get the system to work. DAHIKT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where is the trunk liner located ? Is it under the lid where the CD Player should go?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Open the trunk all the way up, you should see about 12 or so phillips screws, that it. Remove the screws to remove the lid liner.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Welcome, as others have stated they all have them. I never use mine, its just something else rattling around off my keyring

Reactions: Quepsiphi18

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Open the trunk all the way up, you should see about 12 or so phillips screws, that it. Remove the screws to remove the lid liner.
If i remember correctly, there are two (2) of those screws that are a different length. Make sure you put them back where they came from.

Reactions: revrunt
1 - 11 of 11 Posts