GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just crossed over to the darkside here. Previous bike was a 1999 Valk Interstate. What a difference in bikes..... At least it was FAST BLACK as well.

10 days and the bad boy already has 1750 miles on it...... :shock:

The expense has begun... How am I gonna afford all that chrome??? :p

Currently the bike is at this stage:

2003 black, chrome front cowl, running lights, cd player

Next few purchases:

complete chroming of the lower half of the bike and a tulsa extra tall windshield.....

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Be advised that the Tulsa shields disable the operation of the factory windshield height adjusters.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hey welcome Steve......glad your aboard. May the Force be with you !
And lots of smiles............... :yes2:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Welcome Steve....glad you have fast black! It's just not as fast as Hotrod Pearl Yellow :D :D :D You definently will enjoy decorating your beauty!! and Hal will smile when you give him all those $$$ :22yikes:

·
Registered
979 Posts
:D Welcome Steve, and the expense of that new 1800 has just begun, funny what gadgets and dodads we need for our rides LOL but thats half the fun. Enjoy that new ride and adding those dodads and gadgets and again welcome to our little support group. :D :s27: :a13: :a13: :yes: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Howdy, Neighbor - glad to have you aboard. Retired Navy here - 21 great years with Uncle Sam's Canoe Club. You going to Marble Falls this weekend? Hope to see you on the road some time. Watch for a Yellow '01 with the Burgundy seat - only one in existence as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Welcome!!

Don't plan on ever being done adding stuff to the bike. Just when I think 've got everything I "need", something else comes along... :lol:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Steve, sell the CD changer and buy a Sony net md player ($150) or an IPOD ($250.) use the difference in price for more chrome.
Randy F
Silver '02 ABS

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the Welcome!!

I have to tell you, the reception seems to be better here on this board than the Valkyrie one that I was a member of while I had the Valk.. :D

Now then, I don't know about the yellow being faster than black......

And in regards to getting rid of the CD changer.. Man I am not the type that can sit there and download music, I need idiot proof pop a cd in the player and ride.....

Marble Falls, wish I knew about it sooner!!! Would have made the trek down there. I love that area of Texas..

Ride safe!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Re: Thanks for the Welcome!!

Steve - Frisco said:
I have to tell you, the reception seems to be better here on this board than the Valkyrie one that I was a member of while I had the Valk.. :D
Don't bother looking for other 1800 boards, this is the best one out there.
Can't beat it for the friendly, welcoming, accepting atmoshpere.

I've checked out the others, but made this board my "home."

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Welcome aboard the board.

Maybe you Texas guys can get together and send us poor shivering Wisconsinites some of your warm weather.

Mesquite Bob: How's Rio doin'? How many miles you got on 'r.

Baby Blue's hummin along. Been nothing but a pure joy to me. I feel bad for the people that have been having trouble.

Snow the last two days so now fresh salt on the roads.

$#@$%

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome from another EX-99 VALKYRIE INTERSTATE rider.

As you indicated what a difference, isn't it ?

Even though I still love my Valk ( and that's why I'm still keeping it ) GL1800 is totally different sensation.

Hope our roads cross by someday, somewhere...

Ride safe,

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome Partner. :yes: This is a good board because I keep all these yanks in order. :yes2: I have these guys on parade every morning at reveille, :sun1: and they know where the buck stops. :mad1: Welcome again and Ride Safe. :s27:

:luck: :rw1: :luck:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Welcome, Steve. Understand about the CD-s - stuff in six and ride.

In addition, I just added a Roady XM. Thats for when I forget to change the CD.s. Its hell to get old.

If you slip out of state and ride up the beach, call and I'll get the coffee going.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Darksider

Welcome Steve.....Another Satisfied Customer! It needs to warm up in Ohio soon or I'll go broke adding these dam accessories!!!!! :snow1:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts