GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
COOL TEMPS OK BUT RAIN SUCKS !!:serious::frown2: GREAT PICS WAS UP THERE IN 2010 DID YOU GO TO "FUNDY BAY " ? THINK ITS CALLED

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COOL TEMPS OK BUT RAIN SUCKS !!/forums/images/GL1800riders_2015/smilies/tango_face_plain.png/forums/images/GL1800riders_2015/smilies/tango_face_sad.png GREAT PICS WAS UP THERE IN 2010 DID YOU GO TO "FUNDY BAY " ? THINK ITS CALLED
It was a quick trip this time. No Bay of Fundy, or Cabot trail. Just straight to the Rock...?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
How long did it take to get from Berwick, Maine to "the rock?"

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
We found a show we like on Netflix called Republic of Doyle.

Now we want to ride to St. Johns. :grin2:

Your pictures are adding to that desire.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How long did it take to get from Berwick, Maine to "the rock?"
It's a two day affair. 722 miles to North Syndey, Nova Scotia where you take the ferry. I rode to New Glasgow, Nova Scotia and stayed there. This left me about three hours of riding to get to North Syndey, and catch the ferry mid morning the next day.(Reservations required). They want you there two hours ahead of time, I trimmed that to one hour. Then it's a 6-7 hour ferry ride to Port Aux Basques, Newfoundland. You get there around supper time. Newfoundland time is 30 minutes ahead of Atlantic time.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Great Photos! I'll have to add this trip to my bucket list.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you take in Cape Spear, La anse au meadows and all the other sights, iceberg alley, etc. Beautiful place, been there three times
I did not go to Sta Anthony, or Cape Spear on this trip, but I have been before. The St Anthony area had bad weather predicted, so I skipped it. I did go to Twillingate, but saw nicer ice bergs in other areas, which was my focus this trip.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@WNG-2 Man looks like a fantastic place to visit....maybe one of these days! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have plans

For a ride to St. Johns
Have been fortunate to have the insights of a board member who has traveled in the area.
I had hoped for that ride in 2020....but looking like it may be 2021 instead.

Great pix, especially the iceberg!
Thanks for sharing
bryon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts