GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Kuhmo and have been happy with the handling, But Ill wear this new Kuhmo out this season and I want to have something new waiting on my spare rim. So Id like to solicit imput from you guys on the next car tire to try. So how about it whats the favorites out there

Ron

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Sunny SN 3830! But it looks like it may only be a 10,000 mile tire.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Ron, does it have to be a run flat?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not nessearily a run flat

·
Registered
393 Posts
I love the tire I am running now. My Kuhmo wore out in 8000 miles (center and edges, yes I ride hard at times) and my Bridgestone has 8000 on it now and still has 30 % left. It keeps more of the tread on the ground in turns too and has very little input over slow speed off camber bumps and driveways. My gas mileage went up about 4% too due to the low rolling resistance design. It is not a runflat though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked up the Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 195/55R16 Non-ROF Rear 34 PSI - That your running It looks like a good contender keep me informed on Milage you get for it and Rocketman Why are some of the tires listed up on the tire saver website around $300

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Looked up the Bridgestone Ecopia EP100 195/55R16 Non-ROF Rear 34 PSI - That your running It looks like a good contender keep me informed on Milage you get for it and Rocketman Why are some of the tires listed up on the tire saver website around $300
Cause some people drive expensive sports cars?:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I like the Kuhmo and have been happy with the handling, But Ill wear this new Kuhmo out this season and I want to have something new waiting on my spare rim. So Id like to solicit imput from you guys on the next car tire to try. So how about it whats the favorites out there

Ron
Well, my first was the Pirelli [email protected] I think I'm going to try the Kuhmo when I replace the Pirelli just to compare them.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Ron
Well if you have a open mind and don't like to follow the train and don't mind a great Handing tire. The Falken is a awesome handling tire and pretty good wear also.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Had the Kumho and really liked it. Am now on the pirelli and will go back to the Kumho next time. Just don't like it as much. Ride, handling, feel.......kumho next.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
...So Id like to solicit imput from you guys on the next car tire to try. So how about it whats the favorites out there

Ron

If memory serves, the last poll we did showed the Kumho run-flat as the most popular tire overall. The Falken 912 was the most popular non run-flat.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Well if you have a open mind and don't like to follow the train and don't mind a great Handing tire. The Falken is a awesome handling tire and pretty good wear also.

So....choosing a safer run-flat tire for the rear of a motorcycle is being a lemming and a follower. That there's funny, I don't care who you are.:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts