·
Registered
229 Posts
Now THAT was a football game. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I didn't have a dog in this fight but I sure enjoyed the game. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
It seems that about anytime a team is a prohibitive favorite, the underdog wins, professional or D1 college. I feel sure Indy will be the heavy favorite in the SB, so watch out for the Bears.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Early Vegas line is Indy -7

Over/under is 48 1/2

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
The Bears are a flash in the pan. They need to get a real QB. They will probably go with Rex for next year, which should show his true level of ability. I pick Indy to win. The ony way for the Bears to win will be by defense and special teams. Maybe a FG also. Stop the Bear running game and you stop the game for them. Rex is too inconsistent as a QB.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Lone Ranger said:
The Bears are a flash in the pan. They need to get a real QB. They will probably go with Rex for next year, which should show his true level of ability. I pick Indy to win. The ony way for the Bears to win will be by defense and special teams. Maybe a FG also. Stop the Bear running game and you stop the game for them. Rex is too inconsistent as a QB.
People keep whining about Rex, but look where the Bears are. Yes, had a couple bad games and yes, he has some work to do but as loud as the naysayers kept getting, he's done the job and now the Bears are going to the Superbowl! :lol:

:a13: to the naysayers!

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I am not whinning, I am just stating a fact about Rex. He wants to run off the field when he shouldn't. He wants to call timeout, when even the lineman knows you can't. He is surprised when he completes a pass. I can't remember the last good QB the Bears had in the last 15 or so years. If Rex can LEAD the team to the S/B next year then I'll rethink my evaluation of him. Until then I would not bet the farm on him.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
Sorry, I know you weren't whining - that was a poor choice of words on my part. :oops:

The last QB to LEAD the Bears was Mr. Jim McMahon. Rex has proven that he has ability in the first part of the season. His confidence is pretty low though. He needs to focus on what he's done right and not what he's done wrong and I think he'll be just fine. Hopefully today helped him out a little bit. Right now, unfortunately, the Bears don't have another choice. What, put in Griese? I don't think so.

Even with this terrible, rotten, pathetic joke of a QB, the Bears became the number 1 seed in the playoffs with a first round bye and home field advantage and stomped the favored team in the championship game 39-14. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
GO BEARS!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Indy should win this one, Grossman is too inconsistant. Bears defence might keep it close enough to be interesting, but can't see them winning it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
gray_red_rider said:
Reckless Rex wrecks Peyton's parade.

Bears 27

Indy 24
Prior to yesterday, Mr. Manning played like garbage in the playoffs (where you see good defense). I expect the Bears to have their hands full but that they can win. Did any of you see the game yesterday? Rex played like a dufus at times but...when it counted he got the job done. Good running and Defense wins championship football games.

Da Bears. 76 to -2 is right.

Already went online to ship down the Lou Malnati's pizza to replenish what we ate last night in VICTORY! :luck: :chef2: :eat2:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I lost both games yesterday. Though I did let my emotions pick them. I am not a Manning fan.
The colts could be in trouble if the Bears can come out running. And by the looks of it from last night, the Pats were running pretty good. The Colts defense is built for speed, not power. As long as Rex doesnt LOSE the game for them I think the Bears can win it. This team reminds me of the Ravens with Trent Dilfer, he wasnt good by any means, he just simply never really lost it for them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
[quote="Verdayne aka Wingnut":2mjnlq0n]Colts by 11, in the Superbowl. You seen it here first.
Yup........ and the score:

Colts 48

Bears 0[/quote:2mjnlq0n]

Well going by your last pick what was it the Saints VS Colts, shows you have no idea whats up, the Bears will drop Manning like a bad habit I bet Manning throws at least 3 pics and gets sacked 3 times. A good D always beats a great offense. Your just jealous that the pack lost their last superbowl and the Bears wont HAH HAH GO BEARS.

·
Registered
356 Posts
KC said:
Indy should win this one, Grossman is too inconsistant. Bears defence might keep it close enough to be interesting, but can't see them winning it.
Nobody saw the Bears winning yesterday including all those hacks that called the game, not one of them Terry, Howie, Buck or Jimmy had one good thing to say about the Bears in pre game. and look what they did against the best offense in the league, they destroyed the Saints, All the Bears should have told Bradshaw to get the hell off the stage after the game. As far as Manning he has not played that well in the playoffs either and when he gets hit with our D he will be frazzled as all hell and will be making the same mistakes that Grossman does, my prediction again 3 pics 3 sacks the bears win..

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I am already teaching one of the Chihuahuas how to do the
Superbowl Shuffle from '85.

"We're the Bears Shufflin' Crew. Shufflin' on down, doin' it for you...."

Herb

1 - 20 of 40 Posts