GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three couples heading out this summer I think, maybe next summer. Looking for a centrally located campground sort of as a base. Amenities we'd like are 120 volt service for two toy haulers, as we sleep in them. Pool, maybe a store, showers, etc. Do not like crowded places, drunken parties, although we do drink, hey we're from Wisconsin.

Resonable rates. Been to the Hills three times in my life, but never camped or biked there. Appreciate any help on this. I've looked at many campgrounds, but would like someones estimation who's been there. Not going during Sturgis. Either last week in June or last week in August.

ty

wisredrider

·
Registered
495 Posts
We were in the Black Hills last summer and stayed at the Broken Arrow Campground in Custer, SD. It did not have a pool, but did have the nicest bath house I have ever seen. It wasn't that long of a drive to all of the typical destinations, and very close to Rt. 16A, Custer Nat. Park, and Crazy Horse.

There were several small cabins, and horseback riding on site. http://www.brokenarrowhorsecamp.com/frame1.html

·
Registered
65 Posts
Badlands KOA

Wife and I stayed at the Badlands KOA and loved it. Beautiful area with great amenities. A little distance from the big party but a nice place to visit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts