GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Vendor
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of my job is test riding Wings after repair. So I took one out for a country jaunt after an engine repair. Everything about this Wing I like except for the wankie handling caused by a rear car tire. After riding many with a car tire, I still don't get it ... they handle so weird !!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Tire

:agree:.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Huh Oh !!!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Part of my job is test riding Wings after repair. So I took one out for a country jaunt after an engine repair. Everything about this Wing I like except for the wankie handling caused by a rear car tire. After riding many with a car tire, I still don't get it ... they handle so weird !!!
Doin a little trollin are we?

I have heard that OEM spark plugs solve that rear tire weirdness.........just a rumor I heard somewhere. ;)

I would be careful handing wankies, someone might find that strange..........

·
Vendor
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is he doing this on purpose?????

Jeff...
No ... just doing what I do without apprehension ... I write about what I find, or in this case about my personal experience. On this topic, to help others, others should do it too. If they did, the car tire trend would probably diminish greatly. After all, its a tire designed for a car and by design they're not intended to roll up on there side wall while in a curve. It's not that hard to figure out. It even says so on the tire. The sizing usually starts with a 'P.' In the tire world that means it engineered for a passenger car.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
No ... just doing what I do without apprehension ... I write about what I find, or in this case about my personal experience. On this topic, to help others, others should do it too. If they did, the car tire trend would probably diminish greatly. After all, its a tire designed for a car and by design they're not intended to roll up on there side wall while in a curve. It's not that hard to figure out. It even says so on the tire. The sizing usually starts with a 'P.' In the tire world that means it engineered for a passenger car.
I've heard about the wierd handling of a car tire on off-camber roads when trying to go straight, and understand it takes a little more input to initiate a turn. From the video's I've seen, and the darksiders I've followed it doesn't appear you ever reach the point of riding on the sidewall. You get close, but not to the sidewall. I've seen the worn tires removed, and inspected them. Some of these riders are much more aggressive than me, and they don't wear the sidewall at all.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Greg,

Why are you trolling? Your trying to get something started then your gonna cry when your feelings get hurt.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Kinda like a trained parrot. Parrots do learn to speak simply by listening.

Now this does not in any way mean the parrot knows what the meaning is or the definition of the subject it is talking about.

It is quite evident that parrots know absolutely nothing about a Car Tire.

Perhaps the parrot organization could hire some certified Honda Techs and if all the parrots listen and watch real good, these parrots might just learn a little something of life and reality and real safety when it comes to the subject of crappy tires on a stock GL1800 versus a really safe and reliable ROF CT.

Just observation of parrots, reality and common sense, you see. ;)

·
Vendor
17,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greg,

Why are you trolling? Your trying to get something started then your gonna cry when your feelings get hurt.
Humm ... by definition a troll who hangs out on a forum is known to give bad advice. This is the opposite of that.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Humm ... by definition a troll who hangs out on a forum is known to give bad advice. This is the opposite of that.
I submit that some more bad advice has floated to the surface.

·
Registered
657 Posts
So, when did it become wrong to express you'r opinion? Dark siders do it all the time. That is ok too. It is your life.

I am all for you if that is you'r thing. Not for me. Just saying:chat:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Is this going to turn into a spitting contest?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts