GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a photo of NC-215 from our ride yesterday:

Some icicles close up:

We went up to the Carolina Smokehouse and were planning on hitting the BRP from 215 down to Cherokee, but the BRP was closed due to ice/snow.
Had a nice time on the gravel & sand, digging the icicles.
Wayah Road was really gnarly with sand in the tight bits...

Here's a half-frozen waterfall too:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Great pics. I rode Wayah one day in the spring and as I got up to the top of the mountain it was snowing. Glad it was all melting on the road. Wish I coulda been there. When I win the raffle on March 17, I'll be able to join you. Melissa even talked about riding the other day...so who knows.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ddking said:
Great pics. I rode Wayah one day in the spring and as I got up to the top of the mountain it was snowing. Glad it was all melting on the road. Wish I coulda been there. When I win the raffle on March 17, I'll be able to join you. Melissa even talked about riding the other day...so who knows.
I thought about you guys the whole time...
Lordy it was beautiful.
We gotta grill sometime soon. I was going to invite everybody over for the Super Bowl but Mirtes reminded me that we'd be asleep by halftime. :oops:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Cool pics, Bill! I forgot what icicles looked like!!! You gonna visit us down here for the rally in March?

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Nice Pictures!! I even downloaded the first one for my background on my screen. :lol:

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Wish I could have done both rides...

What kind of temps did you guys run through?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
trialsman said:
What kind of temps did you guys run through?
Low of 26 and high of 55 (in Cashiers, of all places).

Lots of Harleys on the road but we didn't see any other 'Wings. One Beemer.
Tons of Jeeps...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts