GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Would make a good rally bike for someone, with it only haveing the single seat. Not too bad on the mileage either... though I'd imagine it has been run up a time or two... lol

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
geee, I wonder if ya get the lights and siren :D :D :D

NOT

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
dunno, but i just bid 3K on it. if i get it, i'm gonna put race graphics on it. solo seat, might be kinda neat! 8)
the hobo

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
No, you don't get the lights and siren (usually). A friend of mine has a HD police bike that was bought new from the dealer after the city reneged on the deal, and they replaced the lights with drivers. BTW, the one up for auction is already up to $3700.

·
Registered
10 Posts
eBay Polic Bike.....

Ah ain't tryin' ta discourage nobody, but.........

I live in San Antonio, and know many of the bike officers. VERY few of their bikes haven't hit the pavement at one time or another. Note that the seller apparently specializes in this type of sale - which allows him to be "once-removed" ("gee, I had NO IDEA that was damaged...."). Further, check and make SURE the trunk is there - SAPD removes the trunk to allow installation of the radio system - and judgin' by the description, the trunk on this bike is gone, as well.

Also - they say, what - 48,000 miles? You ever seen one of these boys ride? Folks, they do NOT shut the engine down - it ain't THEIR gas! As to the "maintenance" folks that take care of the bikes........I've seen the "quality" of their work......I do NOT let 'em touch MY bike.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts