GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 13 yr old nephew Friday on his first long distance ride. His previous longest rides were with me @ 50 miles a few weeks ago as a test ride.

We left from WF, NC about 8:15 am Friday am, rode 777 miles (including a few ah-hem "detours" (I do not get lost just turned around a bit). We stopped to eat and get a room in Windsor, Ontario. We left the next am around 9 and struck out for Niagara Falls, Ont. After about 237 miles we got there. Rode around the park and up through the main road to see all we could see. Man were there thousands of people there too. We never stopped the bike at the falls. I told my nephew that was what we came to do and we left. I let him choose between heading to Montreal or USA. A boy after my own heart... He chose the good ole USA. We then snaked our way to Dubois, Pa and spent the night there. Left Dubois around 9 am and rode the remaning 508 miles home. Total mileage was 1725 for the trip. His first trip on a bike and first into Canada.

I would have loved to have seen his face when I told him well, we saw the falls time to move on.

I think I will ask him to take a trip with me to "see" Mt Rushmore, that is about 1800 miles one way. OUght to be able to get there and back in 4 days.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That's my kind of ride, get there and get out.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The boy needs to do more pre-trip prep work. If he had discovered Clifton Hill area you would STILL be there!!

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I took my 13 yr old nephew Friday on his first long distance ride. His previous longest rides were with me @ 50 miles a few weeks ago as a test ride.
Glad to hear that your nephew's first visit to Canada was to see Niagara Falls. I'm sort of partial to those kinds of trips. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I guess you were smart enough to leave your Swiss Army knife and pepper spray in the good old USA when you crossed the border. We are proud of you. We surmise from other posts here that them Canooks are getting frisky about that contraband.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
I guess you were smart enough to leave your Swiss Army knife and pepper spray in the good old USA when you crossed the border. We are proud of you. We surmise from other posts here that them Canooks are getting frisky about that contraband.
Nice going. The guy's proudly talking about taking his young nephew on a trip..., and you have to piss on his parade by bringing that other crap into it.

Give it a rest....:evil:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good on you for making memories with your nephew. He'll be talking about that for the rest of his life.

My little nephew is 2 this month. I have every intention of taking him on some rides when he's big enough. Might even be the source of his first bike. He went to Florida (took his parents along, too!) for this week and on the drive down every time they passed a pickup or bike he would say "Uncle Roy? truck?" or "Uncle Roy? motorcycle?".. :clap2: Who knew being an uncle could be so much fun? :thumbup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Pictures?

What? No PICTURES?

:eek:4:

Sounds like a challenging ride. If I were taking someone up there for the first time I probably would have gone at a more 'stop and smell the roses' pace.. :tongue:

Then again, I'm a stop and smell the roses kinda guy.

Glad you guys had a good time - I hope to see that part of the world again. Last time I was there I wasn't even three feet tall. LOL..

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Nice going. The guy's proudly talking about taking his young nephew on a trip..., and you have to piss on his parade by bringing that other crap into it.

Give it a rest....:evil:
Is "Canook" a derogatory term? Please edumakate me.

On a similar note - I have ridden over much of Canada from Vancouver to Montreal and some of the Eastren Province, and in fact I am a member of the Polar Bear Chapter Order of Arctic Adventurers of the Arctic Northwest Territories having crossed the Arctic Circle enroute Inuvik (not on motorcycle or skimobile!!!) - never a problem crossing the border or otherwise. But...I could never figure out how come the Canadians in Canada are so much nicer than Canadians in Florida.

p.s. I am terribly offended by your insistence on posting that masturbating dog..............whats your fixation with the mutt?
pp.s.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Glad you had a great trip. Seems like only some folks have issues going across borders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts