GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went for a nice ride yesterday around the Frazier Park/Ojai area. We had about 18 Goldwings on the ride and rode almost 400 miles for the day. The highlight of the day was a CHP cop pulling over all 18 'Wings. He was coming from the other direction and started swerving into our lane to get us all to stop. Once pulled over he said they had received several phone calls of a large group of motorcycles speed at over 80 miles an hour. The guy was really a dick about it even though he hadn't seen us speed, and we hadn't been, and it was obvious we were a bunch of older motorcyclist out for a ride. He acted like we were Hell's Angels or something. Anyway he let us go on our way but it did make for an interesting ride. It really was a beautiful day for a ride even though at Gorman it looked like it wasn't going to be. Windy and cold at Gorman. But the weather got nicer as we got off the freeway into the mountains. Here's a couple of photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
He was probably pi$$ed off because you were out having fun and he had to work, so he thought he would ruin your day along with his. :evil:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great pictures 18-Wings....yes

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
He recieved several PHONE CALLS, how did that happen. Did he have blue tooth on his CHP bike??
He couldn't give you a ticket on hear say. He has to see you break the law. Some LEO's are just jerks.
He probably rides one of thos OTHER motorcycles in his off duty time.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I could tell by your photo you were out looking for trouble. Ya’ll need to cool it a little!:cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My understanding was that he had to witness us breaking the law to write us up also. I'm guessing he was having a bad day and wanted to vent on someone. Maybe it was the turquiose colors our chapter wears. Whatever the reason we still had a great ride. Law enforcement has a tough job. I'd probably be a dick if I had to do that job all the time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like you all had a great ride. I was in the same area with my best friend and fellow Wing rider on Saturday. We were on our way home from Laughlin and as per usual we were taking the "long way" home. It does sound like the officer you folks encountered was a bit of a jerk. In his defense though...that area, Frazier Park/Lockwood Valley/Ojai has become a real problem. Mainly because of the fricken crotch rockets. It seems like one of them or unfortunately someone else on a bike, going the oppisite direction is getting killed every other week out there. Just a word to the wise...as of May 1, The CHP is going to have a helicopter in the air on the weekends to try and get these a??holes who give all of us bikers a bad name off the road or at least slowed down. The day my buddy and I came through there, sure enough we came upon an accident scene involving one of our "friends". Don't know what the outcome was, but it didn't look good. Glad you had a good ride. Ride safe, Phil

·
Registered
657 Posts
Maybe he had been away from the donut shop to long needed a sugar fix.:joke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts