GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, before I lost my cable internet connection for three days, I managed to win an auction for the paint-matched lower side cowls and front lower cowl. I've seen a couple of pics of a Wing with the IB parts and it looks really sharp....I think these black pieces will dress the old girl up rather nicely.....all the talk of cost of paint and body shop labor turned me away from having the OEM parts sprayed. I got the three matched pieces for $150 including shipping. Yep...they're clear-coated as well.

So what do you think, Bull Dog....should I be bidding on that chrome timing cover?! lol :roll:

According to Hal, my three-day forced hiatus has left me with about 800 posts to catch up on....better get to it! :D

Ron
:blw1:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Tourist,

Perhaps a visit to your accountant first, would be in order. Yes you got a great deal on the painted plastic.

I have seen several bikes with color coordinated stuff and it looks real sharp.

Chrome timing cover would finish the front end for sure...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Tourist,
please keep us posted as to how you like them after you ride with them for a while.I've been looking at those too,but think the black down that close to the road will be very hard to keep clean.They should look good when they're clean.
I've been looking at the chrome timing cover too.I think that would look very good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts