GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an interesting trailer, and I like the nice touch by Scarecrow.

Linus & Scarecrow are two of the best!

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
that is nice! unigo?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Are Unigo trailers still available? We saw a vender years ago at Americade and never saw them again . :shrug:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks! Has anyone had any dealings with these folks?
Type Unigo in the search and I think you'll find a lot of input.... I use to have one and it was a great size for that extra room you need on a 1 up long trip or 2 up shorter trip. Takes up very little room in the garage - you can take it into your hotel room .. etc. Pulls very nice. But, my next trailer was an Alumina and for a lot less money you get a lot more trailer... so it is just personal preference and your actual needs.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I really like the unigo's but have been patiently waiting on the new design from David at Unisom from down under. Check the trailer board and get ready to read lots of posts - look under single wheeled goldwing inspired or something like that. It's hard to miss. I am hoping that David has one by early spring or I may have to start my search again. Last year I almost sprung for a Hannigan - love the style. Hope this new single wheel design doesn't disappoint!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Type Unigo in the search and I think you'll find a lot of input.... I use to have one and it was a great size for that extra room you need on a 1 up long trip or 2 up shorter trip. Takes up very little room in the garage - you can take it into your hotel room .. etc. Pulls very nice. But, my next trailer was an Alumina and for a lot less money you get a lot more trailer... so it is just personal preference and your actual needs.
Joker:
You make an interesting point here. I have been in the market for a small trailer and was all set to get the Aluma until I started reading about the Uni-go. I can see right off that the Aluma has more room, but how else does it compare? I don't need to race through the curves, but I don't want to compromise my handling too much.

As a rider who has experienced both, can you add some insight?

Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The Unigo

I had a Unigo trailer with my 06' GL1800 and it was awesome. A couple points to consider: The trailer is most definitely smaller than the Aluma, or other trailers of similar build, but you can cram quite a bit of crap into one.

The unique shape of the Unigo allows you to pack most essentials and remains fairly aerodynamic with little wind drag. Also, you can lane split where pulling a two wheel trailer wouldn't allow. All in all, the Unigo wasn't bad and we used it on a 5000 mile trip one summer.

The only issue I personally had was that I had so much stuff packed that we forgot to turn off the inside dome light and it had burned a nice hole through my brand new one piece riding suit. So, we were very lucky that we didn't have a bon-fire inside the trailer as we were cruising down the freeway.

Having stated the positives and negatives, my next trailer is probably going to be an Aluma. Price is better and the Aluminum construction (IMHO) would be more solid and more practical for hauling camping gear, tents, fishing gear, etc. Also, I had read some scuttlebutt awhile back that "Schoolhouse," the supplier/manufacture of the Unigo has apparently had a severe downward spiral in regards to customer service. I have read that phone calls are not returned, parts are hard to get and they generally have been blowing folks off. I can't say I had that experience as they were top notch and helpful when I purchased mine. But that was a few years ago.

I would investigate the Unigo a bit and get a better picture of what is currently going on with that company before you commit to a purchase.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, it seams odd that a working company in the USA would only have voice mail operating and wouldn't return a serious inquiry about their product. In other words, I am still waiting for a call back.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had a UNI-GO on my st1300. I liked the trailer but it was unstable over 70 on that ST1300 and a few others . If you are buying something you can get it pretty fast from the UNI-GO place but forget any after the sale service as in no one ever hears from them again. they dont answer questions and unless you are buying they are not listening. Just poor service from their part. Could have gone somewhere with that design but poor service will kill them . Thats the main reason not too many on the road. just bad karma so I bought a two wheeled trailer and works just fine . the best thing about the unigo was taking it into the hotel or the small place it took up in the garage ,other than that I wont own another :shrug:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a UNI-GO on my st1300. I liked the trailer but it was unstable over 70 on that ST1300 and a few others . If you are buying something you can get it pretty fast from the UNI-GO place but forget any after the sale service as in no one ever hears from them again. they dont answer questions and unless you are buying they are not listening. Just poor service from their part. Could have gone somewhere with that design but poor service will kill them . Thats the main reason not too many on the road. just bad karma so I bought a two wheeled trailer and works just fine . the best thing about the unigo was taking it into the hotel or the small place it took up in the garage ,other than that I wont own another :shrug:

What two wheeler did you get?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Joker:
You make an interesting point here. I have been in the market for a small trailer and was all set to get the Aluma until I started reading about the Uni-go. I can see right off that the Aluma has more room, but how else does it compare? I don't need to race through the curves, but I don't want to compromise my handling too much.

As a rider who has experienced both, can you add some insight?

Thanks.
Unfortunately I only got 260 miles on my Alumina before it / I got run over by a truck (it may have saved our lives or more serious injury .. click on PHOTO link below). But on that trip I was so proud of that trailer and how well it pulled. I could tell no difference between it and the Unigo on the highway. Before the trip I pulled it around the neighborhood some and I was amazed. I don't think any of the trailers are going to affect your handling other than obviously you have more weight to stop unless you are a speed demon on the twisties.

If I was going to get a trailer again it would be the Alumina

·
Registered
602 Posts
Damn! And that's the same color trailer we want to buy. It don't look so good in pieces.

Unfortunately I only got 260 miles on my Alumina before it / I got run over by a truck (it may have saved our lives or more serious injury .. click on PHOTO link below). But on that trip I was so proud of that trailer and how well it pulled. I could tell no difference between it and the Unigo on the highway. Before the trip I pulled it around the neighborhood some and I was amazed. I don't think any of the trailers are going to affect your handling other than obviously you have more weight to stop unless you are a speed demon on the twisties.

If I was going to get a trailer again it would be the Alumina

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yeah, it seams odd that a working company in the USA would only have voice mail operating and wouldn't return a serious inquiry about their product. In other words, I am still waiting for a call back.
I agree with you ..... found this on their website and it has been there a few days I know of but it might be an explanation ... seems having a working phone and someone to answer it would be a high priority for a business.

Thank you to all our Uni-Go International Customers. We know that during our transition from our assembly location in Ohio to Jacksonville, FL we have inconvenienced many. Most of you are aware that during our planed move we experienced a fire that turn a smooth move to a very rough one. Jacksonville is now up and running a has started to deliver both parts and completed trailers. Our Ohio Service center should be completed by the end of May. We are still experiencing communications difficulties and ask you to please use email when ever possible. If you need to call you should use our new toll free number 800- 494-0672 and leave a message. Thanks again to all that have stood by use during this time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts