GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's it doin in Nevada

My daughter and I went for a ride with Shiela today. Along Lake Mead thru the park and to Valley of Fire. Shiela headed out for Texas afterward. Had a real nice ride and it wasn't too cold.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Seems like the tables have turned a little. I rode to Bandera, this morning, and slid on the ice three times. Looks pretty inviting out there.

I had an appreciation of Sheila's difficulty riding on ice the other day, but it was really driven home this morning in the pre dawn darkness when ice just happeneds for no apparent reason. None of the bridges were icy.

I was fortunate that no traffic was coming in Boerne at that hour because I slid into the oncoming lane in a curve where there was no ice expected.

Glad you all had a good ride. I am very far past ready for summer.

Nice looking shots you posted and your daughter looks like she is having a blast.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, we had a good time. Shiela's headin for Texas. She left around 5pm yesterday. Here's a couple more pics

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Somehow, I don't see the corrolation between the beautiful warm appearing scenes in your picutres, and the frigid looking photo in your signature line. Maybe you should have a winter time signature picture and a summer time one. When it is 105 degrees out, that frigid looking one would be welcome, but after sliding on ice this morning three times, I far prefer to think about your new pictures! :lol: :chef2: and a destination with hot tea and a hot meal.

How far did you all ride? Just looks like a barrell of fun.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd say roughly 125 miles, we stopped for lunch and did a lot of site seeing. Temps were in the 40's all day. Shiela was cutting down to I-10, it was snowing on 40 in flagstaff and albuquerke. Hope she misses the ice and snow. Tim

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Hi guys, because of the weather I have been just riding around in circles. Got about 400 miles in today but stopped just west of Phoenix. It looked real bad between here Tucson on the 376 so I stopped early.

I really need to get some cold weather boots, I ended up in King man AZ. last night when it hit 36 degrees and so foggy I couldn't see. Not sure when I will make it back to Texas but I am headed that way, I have a new GPS waiting for me at Toms and a alarm system at Fred's.

The rear tire is holding up fine :)

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Tim, with the way the weather is acting up between here and Texas I might head back that way, boy I sure do need a break in this nasty weather. :evil:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know, I'll be at work but you have my cell#. Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts