GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately the painted pieces for this project just arrived today. We are leaving this evening and won't have time to put the bike together. Sorry for the delay but thats the way things happen sometimes.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is what it looks like right now:

·
Registered
90 Posts
RC51...

Man, that is a whole lot of painted tupperware! I am anxious to see it together.

:yw1:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey no one warned us there'd be nude pictures on this thread :lol: :lol:

That thar's one nekked Goldwing!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Bummer, I was hoping to see it during Bike Week. Where will it be between shows? Can I ride to the dealership in south Florida to see it?
Thanks in advance.
Wayne

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Tom,
Give me a call if you would like to meet up for lunch or something.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummer, I was hoping to see it during Bike Week. Where will it be between shows? Can I ride to the dealership in south Florida to see it?
Thanks in advance.
Wayne
The naked part of the bike will be at Daytona. Once Daytona is over it should take just a few days to put it altogether. It should be in South Florida until the next rally. Just let me know when you want to come and I will make sure its there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hal - with the Wing almost as big as a car, was it an option to have the bike painted without disassembling it? Or are there just too many curves, surfaces, etc. to do it that way? Sure would be a whole lot easier....for the owner at least!

Thanks for the update...

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too many angles and you want to get all of the seam areas so that the original color doesn't come thru.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Corbitt799,

I had mine done ('02 Pearl White....before it was a standard color) and it had to come apart. Like Hal said, too many seams and such.
Total time for the dealer to disassemble and reassemble? 17 hours.

Pat H

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wayne,
I will be coming over on Saturday morning some time. Want to get that modulator installed. I will call you when I get to the mall. Maybe we can do lunch and take a ride.
Tom

:yw1:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Sounds good Tom I'm off Saturday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts