GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember that we said we were going to create a GL1800 that is based on the Honda Racing RC51 that Nicky Hayden rode to win the championship. Here are some shots of the first coats of paint with more to come. This was our last Yellow Gold Wing. When we stripped it down to send the parts we had 5 left in stock. But since there is no more yellow, everyone wanted one. Now I wish I had picked another color to start with:

Here is the paint scheme that we are copying:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
This will be interesting

Should make for an interesting result -- look forward to seeing pics soon and then seeing it in person this summer. If you remember when the GL1800 first came out, some of the first videos that Honda released was of Nicky riding the new 1800. Some of the riding shots were filmed on the road (west of Denver) from Evergreen up across Squaw Pass to Echo Lake (near Mt. Evans). Some of my Valkyrie buds were out that day and saw them filming and got a sneak peak of the 1800 way back when.

Boy Hal, you'll have to get Nicky to get on it for a few shots when it is done -- and I'll bet he would do it too. Some actions shots also.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coincidentally all of these pieces that you see being painted are sitting in Colorado. Joe Nieman is doing the work for us. I think he is in the Denver/Colorado Springs area.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Hal ,are you going to have it at Americade? We will be there this year,from WA. St .I don't think it could look anything but cool!
:yw1:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We plan on bringing it to all of the shows that we do starting with Daytona Bike Week in March.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hal,

You looking for a test rider? I work cheap and just might be available for the chore. I can ride to all the events and save you precious trailer space.

I am only thinking of your best interest Hal...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I can ride to all the events and save you precious trailer space.

You wish Dawg. Heck with all that snow you can't even get to your mail box. Now me on the other hand-----------hummm!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hal,

The paint scheme should look good but why would you let someone paint on a Goldwing that doesn't have a paint booth? I could see it if it were just a Harley but a Wing?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you really want to know. Here it is: he has painted several bikes for people I know, he does a great job, he works two jobs to try and support his family since his wife was critically injured by a Doctor during a routine medical procedure. Are those good enough reasons???

And you know what? I don't care what the paint job really looks like. I just know that he deserved the opportunity.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
And Hal, A guy like that will do an excellent Job, because of his pride. Good Man Hal.

Now hows about that designated driver job?...LOl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts