GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nic's Grill was featured on Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins and looked like it might be good for a ride down from Wichita in the spring. Any comments from the locals would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just as good as it looks on TV. It would be a good ride to do. Even though I live in Tulsa and am not retired yet, if you decide to make the ride, let me know and I will do my best to ride over and meet you for a meal.....

Steve

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've been to Nic's several times. Like Wingshu said, it's as good as it looks. It is a very small place that seats about 12 people and closes at 2 in the afternoon. There is always a line outside for the lunch crowd. They open at 6 am but I've never eaten breakfast there.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. The onion fried hamburgers are to die for.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've been to Nic's several times. Like Wingshu said, it's as good as it looks. It is a very small place that seats about 12 people and closes at 2 in the afternoon. There is always a line outside for the lunch crowd. They open at 6 am but I've never eaten breakfast there.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. The onion fried hamburgers are to die for.
Hey there Bighorn,
Nice to see you are still checking in once in a while like me. I passed the East baton off to you in December of 2012. Can't believe that was over 6 years ago. I think it stalled out sometime after you passed it to Kansas. Wonder where it is now?:shrug:

Nic's for a burger sounds good about now.

Wingshu

·
Registered
176 Posts
I paid a visit to Nic's Grill last week...6-12-19. He has changed the hours he is open. The place is now just open for the lunch run and the menu has been greatly reduced. His hours are now 11am to 2pm, Monday thru Saturday.The burgers are still just as decadent as they always were and I'm betting they have a defibrillator nearby if needed. It's still one of my favorite places to get an onion fried hamburger!

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is a new Nic's Place on North Robinson near downtown. My guess it's the same guy. Open 10:30am to 11pm. I've heard there is a down stairs lounge that has some music on occasion. Not been there, but.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts