GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their Customer appreciation days is this May 18-20 in Litchfield. Anyone planning on going? It's an "over-nighter" for me if I go, haven't decided.

F

·
0 Posts
I am going down on Saturday the 19th as long as the weather is good.
I have to do my annual wasting of $10 for raffle tickets. :)

F

·
0 Posts
Looks like weather is going to be good for Saturday.
Hopefully it won't change for the worse by then.
As far as the Actual Appreciation days is concerned...I hope it is going to be better this year than recent Appreciation days.
It has been pretty lame the last few years.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'll be there Friday and Saturday serving the best BBQ Pulled Pork and Italian beef sandwiches.
The weather is supposed to be great!
Come on down (be hungry) and have a good time.

ps. I have already decided that the 2018 GW raffle bike is mine, all mine. :0)

·
Registered
860 Posts
I plan on going down Saturday. So far 2of us are going and trying to get couple more.

Reactions: wehrme

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I hope some one is selling these.
I remember in the past people had little problem with those. the little screws that go into top master cylinder would break off. Most people use the ball mount that use the 2 screws that screw into master cylinder handle bar mount. I am sure Niehaus would have that style in stock.

F

·
0 Posts
Looks like I am out for this one.
Seems I pulled a hamstring in my leg.
Don't think 2 1/2 hour ride down,walking half a day and 2 1/2 hours back is what I want to do.
Have fun and ride safe.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The weather will be perfect, so the weather man says so.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
We were there today (Friday). It was cold and raining off and on. The store opened at 9:00 but things didn't really get started until noonish. Maybe it was the weather.

We walked around, looked at stuff and left by 12:30. I wanted to see the Roadsmith trike on the new wing...but Roadsmith didn't even have a photo. They did have a 2018 wing that was converted but the rear "plastic" was removed. Kind of a wasted day.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, the wife and I are heading out at 8 in the morning, I heard from a guy today that the event is not what it used to be, sad if true.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Wow, the wife and I are heading out at 8 in the morning, I heard from a guy today that the event is not what it used to be, sad if true.
You're what....about an hour away? We're 4 1/2 hrs. away. Hopefully, you'll have good weather Saturday.

Actually, I was being nice in my previous post. We were rather pissed that 3 hrs. AFTER they opened, they were still not set up. We arrived at 9:30, left to check out a nearby lake then returned at noonish only to find them still setting up. 1/2 hour later we were on the road back home. Don't get me started with Roadsmith. I mentioned to their rep that the chrome wheels on our 4 yr old Roadsmith were pitted. The guy says "yep, they'll do that"...then he walked away. WTF? I have chrome wheels on my car that are twice that age that look brand new.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ya, were one and a half hours from Litchfield.
We have not been at the Appreciation Days in 6ish years, we are probably in for a rude awakening.
I just want a Goldwing hat and the wife is liking the idea of some armrests.

F

·
0 Posts
Ya, were one and a half hours from Litchfield.
We have not been at the Appreciation Days in 6ish years, we are probably in for a rude awakening.
I just want a Goldwing hat and the wife is liking the idea of some armrests.
It has gotten to the point of it just being something to do.
It has went down hill continually each year for the last 5 or so years.
Fewer vendors,no real sales on anything.
As I stated in an earlier post,I go down to waste $10 on a raffle ticket.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts