GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what to think about this, though I know it is only a cartoon. But there is something very disturbing about watching a car chase down and crash a motorcycle.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I didn't pick up on the link between the Juke and the motorcycle, however, I would think that Nissan showed this to their target audience before running it. These companies spend millions of $$$ on these ad campaigns and part of it is getting comments from focus groups to ensure the idea doesn't backfire on the company...

·
Registered
318 Posts
This vehicle in my home market has been a sales dud.. they are trying to connect with the cool kids, Gen X Y Z whatever Gen it is now... the video generation.. clearly inspired by the latest video racing games... maybe if the styling wasn't so polarizing the car would sell better instead of resorting to marketing gimmicks..

at any rate, as a rider, I find the car crashing into bikes quite disturbing. I can hear it now with some copy cat moron blaming it on seeing it in a Nissan commercial.

This ad is running in which country?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This vehicle in my home market has been a sales dud.. they are trying to connect with the cool kids, Gen X Y Z whatever Gen it is now... the video generation.. clearly inspired by the latest video racing games... maybe if the styling wasn't so polarizing the car would sell better instead of resorting to marketing gimmicks..

at any rate, as a rider, I find the car crashing into bikes quite disturbing. I can hear it now with some copy cat moron blaming it on seeing it in a Nissan commercial.

This ad is running in which country?

I don't know what country its airing in buy in the description of the video says this

JUKE, an urban legend!?
A great Advert coming from Canada:
The third video of the trilogy is called « Trophy ».
Have a look!

I am from Generation x and this clearly dosen't connect with me at all.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Not even on a good day, could a Nissan even catch up to a crotch rocket, let a lone run it down.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Motorcycle as prey, woman as prey, what kind of message is that? I guess the target audience is sociopaths.:wrong:

·
Registered
189 Posts
don't care what there driving if they come after me I will shoot first and ask questions later.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Imagine you're the guy in charge at Nissan and some guy comes into your office and presents his idea for the Juke. The only appropriate response would be to say nothing and call security and see what torture devices they have at their disposal. Although I can't imagine that they would have anything severe enough. Might have to call in a consultant that specializes in that sort of thing.

Why not have a really stupid commercial for the Juke? They have obviously already made the mistake of building some of them. Like Car & Driver said of the Smartcar: (words to the effect) ..."the only good thing we can say about it is that it is so quiet at traffic lights you can actually hear your regret."

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
That looks like my wife's Juke. In fact that looks like my wife [when Nixon was president]. She sold her BMW and bought a Juke just because of the way it looks. She thinks frogs are cute. She has quirky tastes, lucky for me. If I catch her running down bikes I will have to have a talk with her. Actually that is a fun perky little car with 176 hp but it would never catch a bike.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I think it's kinda kool .. Imagine a Nissan Juke and some good ole vigilante justice taking care of a bunch of crotch rocket muggers after a little defenseless young girl … and the tables being turned ! Proving once again, it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of fight in the dog .. ;O)

·
Registered
243 Posts
As bad as it is to have the cars pull out on us, run us over from the rear, and now there is car ads on TV running us down. Gosh, maybe it's time to give up on motorcycle riding...:wrong:

·
Registered
335 Posts
:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I often feel like Grandpa on "The Simpsons" and find myself saying, "HUH?" alot. The older I get the less I understand just what the message is supposed to convey. Is it such a pitiful product that it's merits can't stand alone so some ad wonk has to invent an imaginary use for the product? How about taking about the quality, safety, economy, or performance of the car? Nah, I guess that wouldn't hold the attention of the ADHD target audience. But then, I come from the generation where the ad pitchman dressed in a suit and stood in front of the camera and simply said something like, "Alka Seltzer makes your stomach ache go away". I doubt that would keep anyone's attention for 5 seconds nowadays.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts