GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried it on an 1800 wing? I want to but would love to know if anyone else has done it. If not does anyone know what to have cams ground to if I wanted to have them done for more hp? I have the shop that can do it but dont know what to tell them to grind them too.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Other than sedating the passenger so they don't bother you, I can't see a use for a NOS system on the Wing. As far as cams go, on a modern, digitally controlled engine, a new cam grind with higher lift and/or more duration would require ECM remapping for fuel delivery and timing to take full advantage of the cams. Add to that experimentation with fuel injectors (more fuel), airbox changes (more air), plug heat range experimentation, modifying the closed loop emissions system to read the proper values and send the correct signal to the ECM and possible drivetrain modifications to handle the extra HP and torque and this could get expensive in a hurry. I'm sure, given enough time and money, you could make a 160 mph Wing that would run 10s in the 1/4 mile. For a whole lot less money, you could buy a used Hayabusa and still have a nice Wing to ride on vacation.

markie

·
Registered
788 Posts
Markie, well said! :yes:

·
Registered
759 Posts
not to mention a voided warranty.... :( ....and...a friend of mine runs NO2 in so. calif., cops stopped him...inspected his car....well..make a long story short....friend payed a $3,000, yes three thousand dollar fine, and, had to take off his NO2 system.....the N02 bottle now sits on his work bench...wondering what happened.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Isn't a 1:7 horsepower to weight ratio enough. Besides, I smile wide enough everytime I twist the throttle without NO2. :D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts