GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on the bike yesterday afternoon, cranked the bike, and no radio. I could see the station, see the stereo tag showing, I changed stations still no audio. I checked the intercom and it worked good. Had static on the CB, no audio on AUX input. Hmmmm, not sure what the problem is. I start riding down the road playing with all those different buttons and still no joy. I called for a radio check on cb and chatted with a station so that was ok. Oh shucks!!! bad radio. I decided maybe I should trade bikes.

After about 15 miles I just happened to check the volume setting on the radio and it was at zero! Moved volume setting up and now I have joy.

I'm not sure how the volume gets turned down to zero. It was playing good when I turned the key off when I parked the bike that morning, but when I cranked the bike in the afternoon, no volume at all.

First time that's ever happened to me, has anyone had that to happen to them?

Ken H>

·
Registered
407 Posts
I can remember the volume going to 0 once in almost four years. We were riding down the highway and the radio went quiet. When I hit the volume control upwards it was at 0. Never happened again. Just chalk it up to a gremlin that you hope doesn't visit again.

You do have a gremlin bell on your bike that someone else gave you :D

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,593 Posts
A bad connection in the handle bars or in the left control pod could cause the volume to go down, it would be related to the volume down switch. :?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments - it does sound like an "odd" thing to happen.

73 de Ken H>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts