GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy fix (LOL) for the following: When I pull on the front brake the rear brake lights (I know, where else would the brake lights be?) do not activate. When I press on the foot brake the brake lights come on like they should. Is there a circuit that is easily accessable that could be checked?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
No brake ligths

On my 2012, when I pull the front brake lever I hear two clicks. My brake lights come on when I hear the second click. Might need to remove the front switch and try cleaning with some electronic contact switch spray.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
On the right handlebar there are two switches in one housing. The upper one activates the brake lights and the lower one cancels the cruise control. It is easy to remove. Just peel back the rubber boot, disconnect the four wires and take out the screw. You can try spraying it out with contact cleaner and it may work again. But it's an inexpensive part and I would just go ahead and replace it.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
What Red said. See if a Harley switch will fit, they do have better switches. :lol:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone. I am picking up a new switch on the way home and replacing the old one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts